Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What Now?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » What Now? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 09, 2002Chevalier25 5-9-02  5:35 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mclion
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't want to misuse this great forum as an LaFeeVerte.de advertising platform. Therefore I don't open a new thread.

Markus
Mclion
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there! The orders are processed as soon as I receive the payment confirmation from PayPal. They should be here till tuesday, that I can send your order before I leave! And folks: I'm only away for about one week... :-)

Markus
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus, if someone ordered already today, when would it be shipped?
Verawench
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Markus,

I suggest opening a new thread explaining the brief delay in processing your upcoming orders. It's good to keep the forum clients well informed, as we are finding out based on Wolvie's example.
Angryp
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, no! I knew I shouldn't have procrastinated in getting my order in! Sigh, there's always June :)
Mclion
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Destiny,
thanks for the flattering words. I would say so if something would be wrong. Everybody has his individual point of view and I really enjoy this discussion!

Just a short note to everybody: I off for Spain till May 23th. You may place your orders as usual, but please give me some "extra" time to process them, ok? Thanks!

I'm going to find out about the E.Pernot tomorrow - maybe I offer this one too in some time.. It's not that easy to offer such a variety, so I'm going to kick some sorts...

All the best

Markus
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey I.B. Puffn'Stuff!

In my opinion, the LaBleue is better based purely in taste. For a while there, I could get a bottle of LaBleue much easier than LaFee or Oxygenee, so I don't think that it's just a matter of "forbidden fruit". With Jade on the hoizon (??) and supposedly better stuff coming out, I'm hopeful for the future. Otherwise, I'd be half tempted to find a good hogsmacker and invest some money!

Markus, I'll be ordering a couple bottles of F.Guy from you this coming week; I'm interested in comparing it to the E.Pernot when it comes out. I hope my comments don't offend you - your service is excellent and I think you're doing a great job offering such a variety of brands for people to try.
Mclion
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Destiny,
I'll go and try the E.Pernot very soon - let's talk after that. Did you compare it to the Guy Absinthe?

Markus
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The forbidden fruit looks twice as sweet.
Would La Bleue be considered as good if it was legal and easily obtainable?

Instead of relying on others to break the law for your benefit, you could always make it yourself.
Abszim
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I really enjoy Kubler and for me it´s the best one that I have tasted. But now some forum members, whom I trust in, are saying that it´s overcooked. So naturally I´m interested, if there is out there something that is even better. And for Markus, you have a great selection of good absinthes, I´l be placing my next order soon, can´t wait to taste that F.Guy.

K_
Larsbogart
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What good is absinthe without television? Robert Olsen me that. Stick me a knife in the chest if my brain is the garbage can of TV.
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I completely understand your point Markus. Someone operating a legal business is in a different situation than some guy offering LaBleue from a website - BUT, the LaBleue is probably the better product... and it seems like it can be produced at a reasonable price - that's what I'm interested in as a consumer. If Pernod 68 isn't successful, will it be because there isn't an absinthe market or will it be because it tastes like crap? There is plenty of LaBleue to be found so obviously these Swiss guys are indeed selling to *someone*. If Betty gets busted she may need all that money for legal bills and bail so I guess I can't blame her for covering her ass.

My main complaint is why can't a commercial distillery produce something that is both legal and of good quality? Forget the difficult coloring step, just go with a nice LaBleue. If farmers can make a profit from bootleg, why can't that same business model work on a slightly larger scale? Go ahead and add the alcohol tax, it still seems that a reasonably priced product should be possible. (And according to Ted and Don, it is... but not yet.)

I don't blame the sellers, I don't expect anyone to risk jail to make me happy, I guess I can't even blame the commercial distilleries that just want to make a quick buck. But doesn't anyone care at all? Why should I be thankful that I can spend $60 on a bottle of crap!

E.Pernot, save us!
Eric
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Trouble, hell; it sounds like something out of the movie "Ran"!

LOL!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page