Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 08, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Ideas For My Tattoo » Archive through May 08, 2002 « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Retro "sailor" tattoos have been very popular in Southern California for the past few years, especially among Lindy hoppers. A classy "no-class" option. My friend Peter Loggins is an expert at this kind of tattoo. Let me know if you'd like his shop's address and phone number. (It's in the L.A. port of San Pedro.)
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do NOT copy the chap who had his penis sliced surgically in half, lengthwise.
Sicboy13
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Go old school, like Sailor Jerry flash, webs, flames, sacred hearts, and anchors. I have a pimp ass spider web, visible in my profile pic, observe.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Y'see, THAT I can respect. The guy who's looks like a tiger too. That is genuinely creative hacking of the meat. Granted, he may as well have "Don't hire me" tatooed on his forehead, but you can't claim he did it because all his friends were doing it.
Raschied
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Copy this guy...

tattoo
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've seen a lot of barcode tattoos too. Meat has a good idea to get a tattoo that is very individual, but I don't think it's a good idea to get the word "suicide" tattooed on your body. Chev's alternate text is good.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid, that's one of the best quotes about tatoo I ever heard.

Now Meaty, what about a code bar with an expiration date ?
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The night I got my first tattoo, I sez to my friend (who were were on our way to get tattooed)that I couldn't think of anything I'd want on my body forever.

Forever, she asked? Idiot! Your body isn't forever. You're going to die. This is as temporary as the rest of you.

Got a tattoo that night, to help me remember that. And I still like it best of the 4 I've got.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vince Neil IS God, but barbed wire arm bands are so cliché. But I used to have a neighbor who had barbed wire tattoos wrapped all over his body, and I thought that was kinda cool.
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vince Neil is God.

I want to ride bareback on his bleached blond tresses.
Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Barbed wire armband? Very Vince Neil....
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my point isn't to shock anyone, thats just an added bonus. If my goal was to shock people I could come up with much better ideas than that.....

Honestly I cant think of anything I will want on my body for the rest of my life, except perhaps the constant embrace of beautiful women. Unfortunately I can't get that tattooed. I know that my idea would only seem cool for about a year, perhaps only a few months. I would definitely get something like that tattooed on a hard to see place.

And to me it is pretty meaningless. People would be like "what the hell does that mean?" and I just think its silly. The little bit of logic behind isn't the main purpose.

I will agree with Vera though, that most tattoos are better off having little meaning, because people and their ideas change but their tattoos dont unless you spend the moolah to get it removed/replaced. And the last thing I need right now in my life is more commitment.
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't listen to da rabbit!

barbed wire armband! barbed wire armband!!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I say an anchor running the whole length of your forearm is the only way to go.

That, or a heart with the word Mom on it.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

meaty nips- definitely make sure you get something you want on your body the rest of your life... or willing to pay several hundred more dollars to cover it up or several more thousand dollars to have laser removal... when i was younger (about your age ) i wanted a tattoo , it took me several years to find just the right artwork to make permanent to my flesh, i chose a tiger's head (it's several inches across) on my right shoulder... i've had it now for several years and i'm still quite pleased with it (i still stare at it in the mirror) ... would you still be satisfied with your's in a few years after you're done "shocking" everyone?
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't regret getting my tattoos, but now I always wear long sleeves because the ones on my arms are too distracting. Sometimes when you're talking to someone they're not paying attention because they're staring at your tattoos. Also random strangers will demand to know the meaning. My favorite tattoo is on my back, probably because I hardly ever see it, and when I do I always think, wow, that's really cool- I love that design.
Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blackjack,

Did you see the film "Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle?"
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"perhaps you should consider a horn implant grafted to your skull: chicks dig that."

Hell yeah!

Anyway, make your tattoo as meaningless as possible. To me they're evolved makeup.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

or, perhaps you should consider a horn implant grafted to your skull: chicks dig that.

The damn things act like heat-sinks, tho. On a cold day, they suck all the heat right out of your head.

I have quite a few friends who are professionals in the body-mod industry, and there really is a feeling that they are running out of stuff that still shock's people.

Me, I've always wanted stigmata...
Anatomist
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"You might as well live" is lifted from a Dorothy Parker poem called RESUME.

I agree with Blackjack. If you aren't sure, go for something more reversible, like poking holes in your face, tongue, or scrotum from which to dangle shiny bits of metal... or, perhaps you should consider a horn implant grafted to your skull: chicks dig that.

K.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I must have missed this one,

Dorothy Parker. Know her. Worship her.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you have to ask anybody else's opinion on a design, you shouldn't be getting it permanantly embedded in your flesh.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"You might as well live."
I must have missed this one, but the polish joke is kinda funny.
The weird logic behind my suicide quote is that the very act of living kills you, every second. The more you live, the more you are going to die. At the same time though the whole thing is kind of tongue in cheek and i find it very amusing. Especially at how much it would horrify my parents (I still see them every weekend).

"Son, do you need to talk to someone? If you can't talk to us maybe you should consider seeing a licensed professional?"

“Na dad. Suicides the only way to live man. nuff said,” as I light a cigarette and speed out of their drive way. Damn, I miss being a teenager.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Same artwork, with the words: "You might as well live."

Old suicide joke (with apologies to Vera): "Have you heard of the Polish kamikaze plane? It had two pilots."
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It seems all my friends are getting tattoos, and I have seen some damn fine works of art come out of one of the local tattoo places.

I was pondering ideas for rock lyrics, as is a favorite pastime of mine, and I came up with this (and I know its silly but that’s why I like it):
"Suicide's the only way to live"
It would be written in a half circle over the symbol of a snake eating its own tail.

What do you think? Please be constructive; only call me a moron if you absolutely must. Thanks.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page