Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Kudos to the Hippie MC

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Kudos to the Hippie MC « Previous Next »

Desoto
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, I keep a pretty close eye on the music scene here and I don't think I've heard of them playing here in town or seen them mentioned in the local music press. Their Web site places them in Europe, though. Ah-hah...just found their bio...they floated around ABQ before I moved here. Mystery solved. Must be doing decently well in Europe...they're touring like crazy.

DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
Anatomist
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hazeldine is a band that plays in your genre, and right under your nose, I think. They're from Albuquerque, anyway. Maybe they don't play there much.

http://www.morebarn.com/hazeldine/hazlbio.html

I like their music, but I'm kind of pissed off that I mailed them a money order for a CD and never got anything... no response to any follow-up emails either. I couldn't find the CD anywhere else. They kind of shot themselves in the foot there.

K.
Desoto
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hazeldine? Who, what, where is that? And I'll let you know when we launch our World Absinthe-Swillin' Tour 2002.

DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
Bjacques
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Taos!
(local joke)
Anatomist
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Desoto,

That's my kind of music. Let me know if you ever tour through Florida (ha!). Do you happen to know whether Hazeldine still exists?

K.
Desoto
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Taos, NM? That's up the road from me. Lovely place. Try not to run over any celebrities while you're there.

DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How's your baby?
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Long time no see Chonger !
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanks Bob.

I'm leaving Las Vegas. I made my mark (excuse the pun) and its time to move on. Taos here I come.
Bob_Chong
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Taboo Cove got a mention in this weeks USNWR. Hope all is going well with that and your life otherwise.

(to see online version, goto
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/020513/misc/13diversions.htm)

Bob

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page