Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 08, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Not happy with Wolvie and Andy » Archive through May 08, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

there are some serious class action suits against paypal. check out paypalsucks.com.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Paypal has gone nuts.

I tried to use my Verified account recently (after some months) and I was informed that it was "restricted". I have no idea why, never had any problems.

What do I have to do to lift the "restriction"? Simple, just give them this information:

"After you have completed the step above, fax a copy of your driver's license or valid ID, a copy of a current bank account statement (for the registered bank account with the last four digits ****) or a current credit card statement (for the registered credit card with the last four digits ****), and a copy of a utility or phone bill with the fax cover sheet that is provided here."

I have no intention of giving them any financial info, so I tried to close the account.

And here comes Catch-22: among the things you cannot do when your account is "restricted"...is closing the account!

So they demand that you give them the information to stay...or to go away.

I hope someone hits Paypal with a nasty class action lawsuit for holding the customers hostage.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

PayPal actually called me about a week after I ordered some absinthe to ask if I had received it or not. The guy said to call them back if I hadn't received it in another week! Sorry, I threw away the number.

I have been very happy with PayPal, but I haven't had any disputes.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Reading Paypal's "privacy" policy was enough to make me walk away without looking back.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Paypal may suck, but, I believe, a lot of us paid Wolvie's through them. The one dispute I had with them over an ebay seller did not end in my favor. My circumstances were different though, not about non-receipt of an item. Good luck getting your money Marc.
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

$5600? Ordering from Betty again?
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

fuck paypal. they've held $5600 of my money for 7 weeks now. their customer service is abominable.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know Paypal's policy for reversing charges. I think most credit card companies draw the line at 60 days to file a complaint.
Did any of you not use Paypal and send a check? If so, I'd like to have the address.
Gettingsane
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

so fellas

EZ CHEETAH

http://isuisse.ifrance.com/veuve-bleue/

move onto the scene two

FUNK THE SCHMACK

so guzzle so

guzzle so

alternatively from out there
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you think that they got busted?
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I certainly understand if the whole thing got out of hand and was too much for them to handle (especailly as they had a bunch of shipments get damaged), but they really do need to communicate with their customers better. It can't take more than a couple of hours to update everyone with outstanding orders.
Maldoror
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Until someone hears from Andy or Wolvie I strongly suggest that no one purchase anything else from them. At this point it looks like a complete bust.

I'm really fucking pissed. (And this is the first time I've sworn on this forum so I really fucking mean it.)

Maldoror
Amnesiac
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ordered mine about a month and a half ago. I can't get a response from him either.

I ordered two bottles, so if they don't get here some day, I'm out $150.00. That fucking sucks.

Come on, ANDY!!!! COME THROUGH FOR US!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthe and flesh... almost as good as gonads and strife... you go niggah!!!!!!!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle. You am tikkle'n me funny bone.
Crosby
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I also ordered over two months ago and have received nothing. I wrote them on 4/30 and received the following form letter the next day.

hi,

thanks for your mail, i will answer as soon as possible!
my "real life work" needs every free minute at the moment, this is why i couldn't respond as soon as i want , sorry!
all your questions will be answered when i have the time!!!

andy

It was in the form of a computer generated auto-response. The German post isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I believe a lot of the delays are laziness on the shippers part. In Wovie's case, they are a small distiller and can't keep up with demand. Still' they are holding a lot of our money for products that may or may not ever come.
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Everyone talks shit about German postal service but I received my order from Markus in one week and my original wolvie order in exactly two weeks so I guess the service is just inconsistent. I was gonna order more from wolvie but emailed first asking what's up with the deliveries, so far no reply.

It's a shame because I'd have to rate his stuff as the best so far, particularly considering the price.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nuttin' here, and haven't heard anything since the missive that Steve just mentioned.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm just glad my order from Markus made it today.

FINALLY I have some of that green fairy pee again!

Looking forward to some cotton-mouthed nightmares :-)
Dehe
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ordered mine on feb 24...got here april 11th busted. said he would reship (not specific about when.). Told him i would pay for priority shipping to get it here fast...never heard a thing again (besides LL sayin that all orders had been shipped).
Steve
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I gots halfa my order... then I don git the other half... now I don got anuttin... but this Old Way and cow...
meatnsinthe1.jpg

mmm mmm GOOD!
Joalco
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I received an email on April 11th saying he was remailing my shipment the next day. As of yet, I've received nothing, either. German post usually takes four to six weeks from shipment to receipt here in Austin, so I haven't passed that point yet, but it's rapidly approaching. Coupled with the fact that the original order was placed on February 17th, I'm getting pretty freakin' antsy...

jc
Giovannigray
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolvie sent mine on March 6. Still nothing, and no response to e-mails. Sumfin's up..don't know what, though.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I too am still waiting.

He had posted about getting some shipments back from the post office in a mangled condition and reshipping, and I am figuring on a month from then... it usually takes about that long with German postal disservice being what it is. I think that was a couple weeks ago but would have to check the archives which I am presently too fucking lazy to do :-)

As far as the email thing goes, he was having a back problem I believe. I have seen computer professionals lose their careers over that very thing (unable to sit and type) so I wouldn't expect he is able to spend the time to go through each and every one.
Maldoror
Posted on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What the hell is going on? Has anyone ordered or received anything from them lately? I'm still waiting for 9 of 12 bottles I ordered OVER 3 months ago. And now, Andy won't return my e-mails. I've sent him 4 in the past month and heard nothing back. My last message was was a simple 'Are you still out there' That was two weeks ago. I've been very understanding with them however now I'm pretty pissed off.

Please post any information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page