Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Kubler ain't that bad after all

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Kubler ain't that bad after all « Previous Next »

Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You have a good Yankee point, Herb. I donít know how much Markus charges for shipping to the U.S.A., but I do know that he asks for *a lot* to ship to Chile. Not that Iím blaming him personally. Germany and Switzerland are two different places; presumably their shipping costs also differ.
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, but Markus only charges 49 euros for Kubler, so the same order comes to E237=$214 vs. $240 from SLB. You could've thrown in a Huguet for free.

Anal-retentively yours,

Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Back with more. Please stay with us.
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

(I posted this somewhere else, but it really belongs here ...)

I like Markus; but in the spirit of competition, I'll mention the very good experience I had with a supplier called "Swiss La Bleue". For the moment, they only sell Kübler, and they only accept PayPal. This may not be your cup of tea. But if it is, read on.

"Swiss La Bleue" answered my e-mails immediately. They informed me that shipping three bottles to South America(!) would cost only $21.00. In other words, $7.00 shipping per bottle. The bottles themselves cost $69.95. I received them from Switzerland via EuroExpress, well-packed, in six working days. (Incidentally, I'd been provided with a tracking number by "Swiss La Bleue".)

SC doesn't ship to Chile, nor do Wolvie and Andy. Markus does, but the shipping fee he quoted me for three bottles was considerably higher than $21.00. If you're at all curious about Absinthe Kübler (IMO, it's good) and don't have a problem with PayPal, I highly recommend "Swiss La Bleue."
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

sorry, there is no best absinthe in portugal...
neto costa has no flavour(except the odd candy/alcohol) or louche, but is presented in a bottle with a label that gives it the appearance of possible quality...extasse(sp?) is just scary-looking, but the buyer's guide is still waiting for tasting notes,i think, so...they both can be found lisbon...address for a bar that serves absinto (i didn't find it):
'a brasileria' 120-122 rua garrett
1200 old hang-out of fernando pessoa...
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What is the best absinthe in Portugal?

We are going there this summer.
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i love hot wings man!
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like chicken... and grouse, pheasant, quail, vulture... but chicken is the base, the stock, everything else is measured against it and most other animals can trace their flavor roots to the lowly chicken... chicken is our god... Food of the Gods!!!
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Segerra is the new chicken!
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like the smell... and the taste neat is not bad either, a bit more flaccid than the Guy, less anise... have yet to drink it with water, maybe I even won't... so far, I like it better than the Guy, doesn't taste like Segarra, yet...
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I liked the Kubler, pleasant taste, nice buzz... but what a smell!
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whahahaha... just got my Kübler and Oxygénée.... I'm gonna do a side by side by side with the Frank Guy in a few days here... don't you wish you were me? Minus the priors of course...
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Would this quality diminish over time in an unopened bottle, or just wait like an evil djinn for us to pull the cork?
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is most likely 'still shock'...
all distilled products need to calm down afterwards, if it is bottled too soon, it may retain funkiness for awhile...of course, it might also be something else...
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The taste grows on you. The unwatered "nose", however, does not.
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I first got the Kubler and opened it, for about a week there it tasted like those damned burnt seeds, and I hated it, but now it's lost that edge and is quite drinkable, and I would even describe it as pleasant. Still not as nice as LaBleu, but a good 2nd place, and not as nauseatingly sweet as LaFee. Guess the exposure to oxygen (even though I've kept the bottle corked when not drinking it) helped mellow it out a bit?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page