Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Missing Shipments ??

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Missing Shipments ?? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 15, 2002Larsbogart25 5-15-02  9:52 am
Archive through May 19, 2002Pikkle25 5-19-02  10:24 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Abszim
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, you should have a paypal account and Markus has been away for a week, if I remember correctly he will be taking orders again tomorrow.

K_
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What I wanted to know was, Am I supposed to have a paypal account before I ordered from Markus. In order to order from Markus. Should I be setting one up so I can pay him ? Or does he send the request for payment by email ?
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

french labeling laws were tweaked...
Larsbogart
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ive noticed two different kinds of Absente. One says Absente and one says Absente with extracts... I just thought it was a loophole...it isnt?
Like a fake aromatherapy label [; )]...incognito.
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not a goddamn clue.
Larsbogart
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A better use for Absente is a smokescreen for the real thing.
Know what Im sayin?
Verawench
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

2.5 weeks. Still nothing.
Angryp
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Got my Markus order today (eight days). One F. Guy and one Oxy.

I agree that the Guy is reminiscent of Segarra. I like it better than Segarra, but it is a little bitter for me w/o sugar (sorry, Pickle).

Liked the Oxy a whole lot. Seemed more flavorful than the F. Guy. Didn't need any extra sugar.

No comment on effects. Didn't drink enough to even feel the alcohol. Don't normally drink enough to get tipsy, so I don't imagine I'll have any insights on the secondaries at all.

Found a good use for Absente. I use a little in chicken saute I make fairly frequently. Adds a nice herby flavor and goes well with the Vermouth that forms the base of the sauce.
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just got the shipment from Markus (6 days after ordering), Francois Guy and Mata Hari. The Mata Hari was for a friend, so can't comment on that, but the Francois Guy is the best tasting modern commercial absinthe I've had to date, no kidding. Only LB is better. Theres something about the Guy that's reminiscent of the 2 shots of vintage I was lucky enough to have as well. There's a definite earthy taste thats missing from all the spanish and other french I've had. Segarra is the closest comparison, just because it's also well balanced, but still very different. I think their whole thing about genetically engineering their wormwood plants to be thujone free is bullshit, cause there's definitely an herbal effect. Less than LaBleu, but more than Kubler. They also say on the front label "sans sucre" but on the back it lists sugar as an ingredient, so who the hell knows. Anyway, it doesn't taste overly sweet to me, and it's incredibly well balanced. No particular flavour dominates another. Yes, there's the anise, but it's kept in check by everything else. The only thing I regret is that I didn't order 2 bottles of Guy, because it's going to go fast! I highly recommend it. Thanks Markus. Betty was wanting $150 for it!
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

for Markus go to the bottom of the left hand menu that says "international customers" that is the one you want... or email him...
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is also true for certain(read most) la bleues and versinthe's new product, the 57° 'la blanche'...
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

there appears to be little or no sugar in la fée...much of the perceived sweetness comes from
anis, especially star anis (badiane)
Nascentvirion
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How does one order from Markus. I filled out his form and then it took me to the German order form. No email from him yet.
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How much sugar do you think is already added to LaFee? It's by far the sweetest absinthe I've had. Tastes like that white stuff in the oreo...
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle, keep those F. Guy and Oxy for the GT. People loves it when you get them drunk and will find anything good at the end of the night (me included) ;-)
Aion
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

padded cell
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know about then, I don't care about then, it isn't now, I am talking about now and I'm talking about adding sweetener beyond what the manufacturer all ready adds to it's absinthe in this day and age... I do not care for things that are sweet, I prefer something more bitter and in my opinion the sweeter an absinthe, the worse off it is for me, GOT IT?????????????????
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is Tabreaux using advertising logos to subliminally create our desire for absinthe Jello shots?

. . . and since when is Jello wrestling "dainty?"
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle, I don't have a TV.

The point is exactly the reverse. If good absinthe did not need sugar (as you say), the last thing absinthe manufacturers would have done is to show sugar in their advertising posters.

It would have been like screaming: "My absinthe is BAAAD"!

It is obvious that, for companies like Cusenier (Oxygenee, the most expensive absinthe of the time), sugar was a natural companion to their absinthe.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, and we well know to believe everything the marketers tell us... pray to your tv gods!
Tabreaux
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

jello
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"If you've got to be adding sugar to an absinthe, it's just not that good to begin with... "

It seems that the marketing guys at Cusenier, Louis Girard and Terminus ignored that simple truth...just check pages 107, 108 and 109 of Conrad's.
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Short of StarsOplenty, I have yet to taste a bitter absinthe... better get the ole buds checked.
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The flavors are good but the bitterness is a little overdone. Germany and other countries in the Eastern part of Europe have a long running love of biter booze.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page