Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

From Hell

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » From Hell « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 17, 2002Absinthedrinker25 5-17-02  8:23 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, but there was one drinkfest where you'd have been safe: the Bal des Pompiers (Firemen's Ball), traditionally held on July 13.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe that was the reason behind the ruddy glow in the background of many impressionist paintings. "Oh bugger Verlaine's just torched the Cafe Procope again"
Artemis
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Laughing my ass off at the image of drunken frogs setting fire to each other. Ian, you're on a roll today. That Samuel Jackson thing was brilliant.
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

but sebor does douche well...
I smell like 30 different herbs...
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was having this argument with someone about how could I be so sure that the French didn't set fire to their absinthe back in the 19th century. I pointed out what had happened to the Pernod factory when it got struck by lightning then asked what the effects might be of several hundred drunken Frenchmen setting fire to their absinthe in a crowded bar. End of argument.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can they skip the absinthe part and just set fire to your house?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page