Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 15, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Missing Shipments ?? » Archive through May 15, 2002 « Previous Next »

Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I sent you an e mail...please read it.
Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Emile Pernot?
Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robert:
I dont think Betty is going to get her greedy hands on Emile either.
Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lars,
I'm drinking absinthe, but also Betty does claim that she discounts multi-bottle orders and she's given me discounts on one bottle orders because I'm a repeat customer. I'm sure there's no way she'd give anyone 3 bottles for $130 a piece though, as Fabien does. As far as I'm concerned, she's still a ripoff (Fabiens also a ripoff, but less so than Betty), but my only alternative for getting that tasty LaBleu is currently to go to switzerland myself to Val-de-Travers and try and find the distillery. If someone can tell me they've ordered from Fabien and the bottles arrived intact within 2 weeks of the order, I'll gladly get the Betty monkey off my back, but until then, I see no La Bleu alternative. In my opinion Betty should lower her prices to be competitive. I get the impression a lot of people on this forum think Betty is Satan. I think she's Satan in the same way Starbucks is. $3.50 for a cappucino sucks, but people go there anyway because it's convenient and reliable. I'm certainly not trying to defend her for taking advantage of our inability to reliably get LaBleu from anyone else, and I dislike her price gouging, but until somebody else comes along who's as reliable as Betty and who costs less, we don't have much of a choice. It sucks to have expensive tastes.....
Larsbogart
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"..I bet w/ the LaBleu, if you ordered 3 bottles from Betty at a time she would probably discount them..."
What are you drinking?

"..She gives discounts to repeat customers as well.."
Thats just the secondary effects, you think your getting a discount.
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

fabiens price included the shipping.still expensive,damn if only i had become a doctor or something.i agree eabsinthe for the LaFee was fast,order went in on a monday,received bottle on thursday..
Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Eabsinthe had the fastest shipping ever. It literally took my LaFee 2 days to get here from when I ordered it. I live in NYC so maybe thats why thats so fast. Markus has always taken a week or less w/ me. He just shipped my Francois Guy & Mata Hari yesterday, so we'll see how long this one takes. I bet w/ the LaBleu, if you ordered 3 bottles from Betty at a time she would probably discount them just as Fabien would, although maybe not as much. She gives discounts to repeat customers as well. Still damn expensive. Also, does anyone know if Fabiens price is inclusive of shipping? If so maybe I'll try him next.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you! Now, I wonder how much shipping to Chile would cost. Judging by some quotes I've received, it's as far away as Mars ...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

chevalier- all of betty's le bleues go for $200 for 1 liter bottle, expensive... yes but at the time she was the only reliable source i knew of. from fabien if you get 3 bottles the price drops to $130 , he also has a six bottle box but he didn't post a price but his email said you would save much more ( i haven't inquired yet ) all three of his bottles are price the same so you can mix and match the bottles in the boxes.
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i currently have 2 kueblers coming from markus,so i will find out soon enough how fast i receive it.i am also getting ready to order a bottle of Tabo from absint-shop,i hope thats not a mistake.they good prices and low shipping costs.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus has had THE fastest shipping from outside the U.S. to date as far as I'm concerned... it's worth the price for sure at that expediency. Plus, the selection is excellent. I most certainly hope Markus stays in business for a long while, hopefully with the support of this forum and their parasitic lurkers. Now wolvie... showed promise, shipping took way too long but the product was good (especially the le bleue) and now, with many orders still pending he seems to have dropped out of sight.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And how much IS "$60 less" than Betty's? (I've never ordered booze from her.)
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

robert- just as albert stated i've got prompt and curtious replies from fabien, too . i haven't ordered from fabien yet but plan to in the near future (i've got to pay for my box of smokes from cristina first). even buying only one bottle of le bleue from fabien is $60 less than from betty, i have a bottle of her #4, it is good but if i can get something comparable in quality for less i'll get that instead (it must be my scottish genes taking over again).
Albertcamus
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

its funny you mentioned that swiss site because i have always received prompt email replies from fabien.i havent ordered anything yet,but i might.he left me with a goood impression.thats odd you have that issue.
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ordered four bottles from Markus on April 25th. Still waiting.
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, i popped my absinthe cherry about a year ago on Sebor. Paid goddamn $60 for a 50cl bottle that made me barf. It doesn't take long to become a seasoned veteran if you're a lush! At least we're boozehounds over a high quality intersting drink instead of drinking spilt boone's farm out of an ashtray....
To be on the subject of this forum though, I've never had a missing shipment from anybody. I've ordered from Logan distribution, Eabsinthe.com, spiritscorner, Marcus, and Betty, and have had no complaints with the shipping from any of them (aside from Bettys product being overpriced), but I still have yet to have anyone on this forum tell me where I can RELIABLY get LaBleu from for less than Betty. She does however over exaggerate the threat of losing absinthe to customs. She's lost 25-30 bottles to customs before, but that's because she was moving it in large quantities. I've never heard of anyone in the US get a 1-2 bottle shipment confiscated. I've also never ordered from Wolvie because I was skeptical because I had heard other peoples complaints on this forum about the fact that he either took 3 months, or didn't deliver at all. I would like to also try ordering from http://isuisse.ifrance.com/VEUVE-BLEUE/, but those guys still won't reply to my emails when I ask how much it costs, or how to send payment, and so I'm not going to order from them unless someone on this forum can tell me they've ordered successfully from them and that their prices were less than Betty. It's more important to me whether or not I get my abisnthe when I want my absinthe as opposed to how much its going to cost. It's an expensive habit, but hey, it's cheaper and safer than heroin, so I can't complain!
Albertcamus
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes thanks,i know about the mistake.that was the first bottle i ever ordered and ironically its the only one i have yet to receive.i feel like a seasoned veteran now and its only been like 3 months since i first started looking up absinthe on the net.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like Markus; but in the spirit of competition, I'll mention the very good experience I had with a supplier called "Swiss La Bleue". For the moment, they only sell Kübler, and they only accept PayPal. This may not be your cup of tea. But if it is, read on.

"Swiss La Bleue" answered my e-mails immediately. They informed me that shipping three bottles to South America(!) would cost only $21.00. In other words, $7.00 shipping per bottle. The bottles themselves cost $69.95. I received them from Switzerland via EuroExpress, well-packed, in six working days. (Incidentally, I'd been provided with a tracking number by "Swiss La Bleue".)

SC doesn't ship to Chile, nor do Wolvie and Andy. Markus does, but the shipping fee he quoted me for three bottles was considerably higher than $21.00. If you're at all curious about Absinthe Kübler (IMO, it's good) and don't have a problem with PayPal, I highly recommend "Swiss La Bleue."

http://swisslableue.tripod.com
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i haven't tried markus (yet) but SC seems to get the job done... and they have cigars!
Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I second the endorsement for SC and Markus. With SC's new higher priced shipping, buying from Markus (with his super-speedy shipping) is a bargain.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Go with either SC or Markus... got both my massive orders within a week from Markus, can't beat it man, can't beat it...
Well, I can beat it but that's for later...
Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Camus,

You don't want that shit anyway. It's vile! Cancel the order and get your money back while you still can...Besides, absenta.com is WAY overpriced. I remember getting my first bottle of Deva from them. I think I paid something like $80 for it. That was about 3 years ago...and then came Spirits Corner upon the scene and saved us all!
Albertcamus
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes from absenta.com,almost 3 months still no mari mayans.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

YEAH, from wolvie... missing two bottles of la bleue and I want it now!!!!!!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just wondering if anyone has had missing shipments ?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page