Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Ted, don, jade?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Ted, don, jade? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 16, 2002Chevalier25 5-16-02  6:14 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Naw... that absinthe farmer don't even rate a be-yatch... when the going got tough... where'd Don go????????? Besides, i'm gonna smack the shit out of him on the golf course, right along side all his Thai general buddies...
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Like a "celebrity death match" type thing?
If you win you could get some Jade THAT way.
[dont you mean bee-yatch?]
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You know I'll go head to head with that ex-pat bitch!!!! Any ole day!!!!!!!!!
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

YOU'D get hogsmacked for that pikkle.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

bless his chubby little cheeks...
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

At least Don didnt wait around and THEN attack you. You usually got hogsmacked right away.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I too have heard from Don. He gave me an update on the Jade release. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait.

The forums are not quite as entertaining without Don.
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, Don Walsh does not miss me.
Lint
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i heard from him yesterday.... . . .. .. . . .

hes still around....
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

But does he miss you?

Seriously, does anyone know how he's doing?
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There are some days when I really miss Don Walsh.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"goth chickie! They're the best "

I found one that can't stand the taste of anis. But she always say she's not a real one, that may explain some things. Am I lucky or unlucky ? Not sure but for sure it save me lot's of time and money. Buying her rum and vodka is easyer and cheaper. Wine is another story... Well I guess that pay for those moments when she help the Moonman to prepare the herbs. Since I limited my consumption I have less "hysteric wife" problems as long as I let her mix her vodka-orange juice with my fancy old spoons...

Am I a lucky bastard ? I guess so.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Thank god for Moonman."

*Left hand shakes right hand*
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"When we all finally get our hands on Jade, I will post and let this forum know EVERY SINGLE TIME that I take a sip "

That's it! That's the reason why they can't launch it right away. Kallisty needs to find another provider with higher bandwith so we could all gloat at every sip !
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Behavior is all relative... if I get my way, I've behaved quite admirably as far as I'm concerned. As for the Jade... I've had nary a drip, drap or drop and yes, I'd go to extremes at this point to weasel my way into one of those bottles. But that's me not you so give it up dammit.
Cheap is all relative too. If there's something I really want and I'm willing to pay a price for it, it's cheap. (Better not be cheaply made.)
Let me put it this way, I just bought a dozen bottles of hooch for around $650 US. Is that cheap? Well, let's take a look at that.
Firstly, I bought three different absinthes I have yet to sip. I love absinthe and am always looking for better, tastier, louchier, et al. That to me justifies part of the cost. That I am able to obtain a quantity of these brews all at one time, therefore reducing the need to re-order continually and not having to wait until the next shipment of two or three bottles, justifies another part of the cost. And finally, that the shipping method is expedient, the product arrives intact and that it arrives at all justifies the rest of the cost.
$650 for 12 bottles of otherwise unobtainable good quality swill. About $54.17 a bottle. Delivered to my door within a week. Well packed, intact. The vendor, very reliable. $54.17, about two hours in a NYC night club. Cheap? Hell yeah, at least until they legalize it here it sure as fuck is. Bring those little goth sluts on!!!
NEXT.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cheap stuff?

I don't know if someone else is getting a better shipping rate than I am, but after shipping from Spain (or Czech Republic for that NASTY Sebor Strong . . . did I mention that it's NASTY?)to the US, my friends, AIN'T NOTHIN' CHEAP!

Two bottles at a time of Deva, Serpis, or NS runs me about $70, as I recall.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

now pikkle behave ! you know the more time that we distract him from his "mad scientist" work the longer jade will take to surface... cut the man some slack ;-)
uhh, ted , care to elaborate on what's comming done the pike?
chevalier-- your right , stick with the scared girlfriend if they'll stick with you... and for an interlude you can lure the OCD goth chics around and give them the cheap stuff, definately keep them away from the le bleue though.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ted... will you be sending any of your wares to the NY gathering? Please say it is so... pretty please!?!?
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>> "so stay tuned....."

Is this where we get 20 minutes of commercials?

:-)
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stay tuned, but the channel is still showing a test pattern. The radio station is still playing static. The phone is still giving a busy signal.
Tabreaux
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

With regard to delays, rest assured that no one has suffered through the waiting to the extent that we have. Doing what we've done is no small feat, and was far more involved than we initially estimated. At this point however, the final elements are being mobilized, and the last few obstacles are falling quickly. We are absolutely stoked with the hardware we have engineered. All I can say is that it is designed from the ground up for one sole, dedicated purpose, and its capabilities are simply amazing where said purpose is concerned.

Also FWIW, anything sampled to this point has been a draft. The final versions will be unveiled at the time of launch.

Finally, there are some interesting things coming down the pike in the not-too-distant future, so stay tuned.....
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You know the rule: If they drain your absinthe bottle, they gotta break out the knee-pads.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Goth chicks will drain your absinthe bottles whether you invite them to or not. And I'm not talking about your "meat bottle", either. Stick with the scared girlfriends, if you can keep them!
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

robertsmith - dude, you're missing the boat - you dfinitely gotta let the goth girls know that you have absinthe...
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah so I noticed. I guess I'd better be looking for an emotionally unstable OCD goth chickie! They're the best anyway, without question...
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The obsessive side of it tends to scare non-obsessive girlfriends.
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd be "financially comfortable" if I didn't spend so much on the fairy, but not rich. I would say any of these forumites who travel abroad to buy their fairy juice are obviously wiping their asses with hundred dollar bills...
Girlfriends? I think the absinthe is partially responsible for my current lack of a girlfriend....

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page