Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

40 miles north of Detroit, 20 minutes...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » 40 miles north of Detroit, 20 minutes from his parents « Previous Next »

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The suits at MTV, flying high with the PR and success of "the Osbournes", think they have struck gold again with their new project "40 miles north of Detroit, 20 minutes from his parents" starring Kid Rock. The entertainer who loves cheap beer and cheaper women has another side, Bob Ritchie of Romeo, Michigan a small Detroit suburb.
A mama's boy and devoted family man? Its true, after success, Ritchie went back to the home he was kicked out of. "When I got my first $100,000 check, I marched over to my Dad and threw it in his face, I love my Dad". Ritchie also loves his Mom who he took to the 2000 Grammy Awards. "My Mom is the best, why wouldnt I want her to be with me?"
You'd never hear pal Eminem utter those words. "Its really different for us," Ritchie says. "My Mom sums it up the best. She was watching him on an awards show and a bunch of pills fell out of his pocket, which I thought was hysterical. But she said, 'its so sad for him. He has noone to thank.' You can have all the money in the world and all the success, but what does it matter if you dont have ayone to share it with?"
"Im the man right now. Its great to be the man. But I know I wont be the man forever, so I may as well enjoy it." Apparently, MTV thinks its interesting enough that he would rather be based in chilly, unpretentious Michigan than glitzy Southern California to develop it into a one season show similar to "the Osbournes". I smell a Bush around here. A W. Bush.
When reached for comment, an MTV spokesperson said: "Ozzy who?". Some things never change do they?
Stay with us, more to come.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page