Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 18, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Not happy with Wolvie and Andy » Archive through May 18, 2002 « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

you think he swallows???
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hope this whole thing brings Bush to his fucking knees.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry to say that on the day it happened, that's one of the first things that went through my mind... I didn't think we were so swiss cheese as to allow something like this to go on right under our very testicles, so perhaps yes, if we didn't fascilitate this disaster so to speak, I'm sure we knew more than anyone is admitting... the miscalculation was that they were making missiles out of these planes instead of just hijacking them or blowing them up... it's all possible, I just don't want to believe it...
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry to say that I think there may be more than a grain of truth to that story.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In the new issue of Time magazine there is an interesting little article about the No1 Bestseller book in France that claims the whole 9/11 was a very cruel joke fabricated by the US government so that they would have a excuse to go to war with Afgahnistan just to build Allies around Iraq. So that when we wage war with Iraq to oust Saddam, we will have some places to launch a invasion from. Sounds like a episode of the X files. I dont remember the book name though. Check out the Time magazine with Spiderman on the cover.
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That was not lifted or sampled from the LBJ tapes.
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I were a General in todays 'War on Terror' Army. I know what I'd do.
I'd have every fucking Plastic surgeon on this planet under surveillance.
You want Osama, go fight the real enemy.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or another Emmanuel Lewis?!?!?!?!?
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speaking of OBL. You want to see something curious? Go the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List. Osama is there. But in his dossier, there is no mention of 9/11.

Makes you wonder how strong the government's case against him is. Or is he another Emmanuel Goldstein?
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thats what HE said after spending the night in the Lincoln Bedroom and the weekend at Camp David...
Have you ever seen him with the turban off and a comb-out? He could walk into the Post Office right by Americas Most Wanted... Or bus tables at Denny's in Arlington, VA...Or sell cosmetics at Saks Fifth Avenue...Or be selling you American Flags online from his cave in Washington, DC.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Osama is winning.
Artemis
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Try using Western Union from a telephone number other than the one they consider to be "your" telephone number and see what happens - an inquisition that gets increasingly personal (until finally I told them to kiss my ass and hung up). It doesn't even have to involve a foreign country. It must be part of this new war on freedom designed to bring Osama to his knees.
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

After almost two months of waiting I finally got my money from paypal. I will never deal with them again.

I was waiting for $5600. Fortunately, I have some money in the bank so it wasn't a life or death situation. But, suppose it had been. Imagine if I had desperately needed that money. Let's say I was behind in my rent or mortgage. I could have lost my home. Imagine a medical emergency. You get the picture. I could have been seriously fucked. Paypal's treatment of me, and apparently 1000s of others, is borderline criminal. Motherfuckers.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I finally found out what the problem was with Paypal, why they "restricted" my account.

I had the temerity of accessing my account from...gasp...ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Yes, Uruguay, that well known nest of U.S.-hating terrorists...

Isn't this supposed to be the WORLD WIDE Web?

This is fucking ridiculous, but also a cautionary tale for Forumites who travel abroad. Be careful not to try to buy that antique you like via Paypal until you are back in the States.
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's funny how people have different tastes. I detect certain flavors in Oxygenee that I don't taste in other brands (floral and peppery), but overall I still think it's more similar to other brands than Pernod is (which tastes like very bitter black licorice to me.)
Absinthespoon
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zman,
François Guy tastes NOTHING like Segarra. I don't like Segarra at all either, but F. Guy is my favorite commercial brand.

My other favorite is Oxygénée. I don't understand the controversy about Oxy. It's certainly not exactly the same as any other absinthe, but it is way more similar to other absinthes than it is to pastis! Anyway, it's a lovely drink, whatever it is.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mistake #1 go for the percodan..
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, don't listen to me! I smoke three packs a day and spend most of my time whacked out on percocets... hell, as far as I know, 1/2 percent milk tastes like Segarra too!

Oh, a pretty bunny! Be right back...
Zman7
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried my Oxy today. It may not be Absinthe (per se,) but it is tasty and a good drink.
Zman7
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Guy and Segarra are similar? Yuk. I don't like Segarra. That damn overblown brandyish flavour. Maybe I'll hold off on ordering the FGuy.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

fuck it, got my Frank Guy today...
Might as well have gotten Segarra, incredibly similar...
Kubler and OxygenEE still to come...
You are all jealous!

Aren't you?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Wolvie operation was indeed swamped by volume and real life jobs, and is on hiatus. It will be reorganised and reopened once all current orders are filled. So, sit back, drink 'em if you got 'em, or wait some more if you ordered 'em and they got smashed by DeutschePost and were resent, and chill for a while if you didn't.
That's the gist of what I've been told.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whoops, someone posted that already! Damn.

People who don't read, shouldn't write. ;-)
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, Andy's email now has an autoresponder message saying he's swamped by his day job and will get back to you when he's free.
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes i have had a problem with paypal also,i am waiting for 2 transactions to go through,and then i may cancell my account.i have to use the e check method instead of the credit card,because they disabled it.i put in the wrong access code in 3 times and now i cant use it.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page