Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hoboken

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Hoboken « Previous Next »

Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Pity the poor trainer in the stable when the racehorse farts." fart.gif
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jello also has the LARD project still going, with the members of Ministry. Their last ep was in 2000 entitled 70's Rock Must Die. CDNow has the entire LARD collection.
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Without Jello, the Dead Kennedys are just a parody of themselves. They are now fronted by Brandon Cruz, AKA Eddie, from "The Courtship of Eddie's Father." Perfect.
Bjacques
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Minus Jello Biafra. Apparently the band sued Jello for control over the right to perform the songs, and won. They got some other guy to front the band. Early reports of the tour are that the singer didn't know the songs very well, but by now I'm sure he does.

But unless you want to see a nostalgia act, and an incomplete one at that, don't bother. Jello *did* write the songs. He was the soul of the band and had the sense to quit while they were ahead. Well, also the "harmful matter" trial broke him financially.

Jello went off to do spoken word and keep raising hell, most notably with the no-WTO Combo, but the other band members didn't do a whole lot along those lines. So if the present incarnation of the DK's doesn't have any real connection to the previous one, what's the point?

Bauhaus re-formed with the original members and even had a couple of new songs. The Damned got back together and better than before. Give the DKs Lovin' Feelin's tour a miss. I was lucky to see them in '84 and '85. The current DKs are an insult.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wasn't alternative tentacles started by Dead Kennedys? Speaking of DK they are on tour, and will be in my town this month.
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Saw a great show at Maxwell's in Hoboken, last night:
Slim Cessna's Auto Club and Reverend Glasseye and his Wooden Legs.

Visit Slim at http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com. Or, you can download some of his mp3's at Alternative Tentacles. Visit the Reverend at http://www.reverendglasseye.com. He's got some mp3's on his site.
Aren't you tired of that whining, so called "alternative," middle of the road, radio schlock you've been listening to? Get of your ass and check these guys out.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page