Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 20, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Not happy with Wolvie and Andy » Archive through May 20, 2002 « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I still don't want to stand for it now! I was overseas on Sept 11th, and I've flown probably 80 times since the attack. That adds up to DAYS of my life standing in line at the friggin' airport.

I don't think any of the increased security has done squat except let the politicians masturbate over what a good job they are doing defending their voters. The real difference in security has been the attitudes of the travelers - sneeze wrong on a flight these days, and I'll lock your ass in the bathroom for the rest of the flight.

Go to my site (www.clanofthebadmonkey.com) for the rest of the rant - I'm too lazy to post it here...
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes - but we're talking after Sept. 11th - and most reasonable people will go through what ever they have to get on a plane. Up until the first WTC tower was hit - I'm thinking no one would stand for it.
Raschied
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And that's a good point. What constitutes a "credible threat," and what is appropriate action for non-credible threats?

I had dinner with a high-ranking official in the National Guard last week, and we discussed (in very vague terms) what it takes to make it to "credible." These terrorist networks are so hard to penetrate, that the few sources that our government does have are one-shot sources. Often times, when they do report, we have to get them out immediately, or they are killed. The monitoring of communications is extremely difficult these days without field agents, and those are very tough to come by.
Larsbogart
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean like the non confirmed warning they just issued?
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you think the American people would have tolerated for one minute two hour lines at air ports? - The increased screen of passengers? - The random pat down searches? - Taking your shoes off to be ex rayed? - Armed National Guard troops in air terminals? all based upon a non confirmed warning?
Raschied
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, just look at Bush's cabinet selections before 9/11 - he was gearing up for war the minute he was elected. Hell, there were a couple of places in Vegas last April that were offering 3:1 odds that we would be in a ground war in the next 12 months. I cannot fathom that he knew the planes would be used as missiles, but I can easily believe that he knew there were going to be some hijackings and didn't try real hard to stop them.

Most hijackings end peacefully, or at most 100 people are killed. That could've been an acceptable risk for the ability to start a Carte Blanche "war against terrorism." War usually stimulates the economy, and last year wasn't great for the economy, even before September.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"but to suggest that Bush and or the US government would murder 3000 of its own people"

Sheeit man. They knew Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked.

The Amurican people would not stand for a war without provocation in Afghanistan.

Now, they probably didn't know it would be that bad, but would they have let it happen if they didn't think the damage would be so heavy?

Fuck yes they would.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 6:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Those who arent familiar with Carlinism just watch any George Carlin Comedy special.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Carlinism.... The ultimate foriegn policy.
Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, last I saw Miami was on the "Possible Threat" list. Not quite on the "Axis Of Evil" list but getting oh so near!
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We haven't bombed Miami yet, have we????
Anatomist
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Navescentron,

Bomb any good mailboxes lately?
Nolan
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well,we bombed the Serbs.They don't look brown to me.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*yawn*
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

America is a war like country. If we dont like something in this country we declare war on it. The War on Drugs, Terrorism, Cancer, AIDS, Poverty etc... We are the only country in the world with Rockets & Bombs in the national anthem. We only bomb countries brown people in them. Can you remember any time we bombed white people ? You cant count the germans, because they were trying to cut in on our action. Wanna rule the world ?? Bullshit ! Thats our fucking job !! If you have any brown people in your country tell them to watch the fuck out !
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When you scrape the bag, do you get kif?
And remember what Glenn O'Brien said about alkaloids...
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Butter...
Butter... Butter... Butter...
Butter... Butter... Butter...
Butter... Butter
mule.
Albertcamus
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i call it a "hog's leg"
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A fatty?
Albertcamus
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i agree the war on drugs is really a waste of money and time.how many billions have the US government spent on defeating pot?i laugh,because i am getting ready to fire one up now.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, did you think the war on drugs was to lower the price of your prescription?
Scheesh!
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"...if that were true we would be more likley to got to war with ourselves. "

The U.S. IS at war with themselves. In the War on Drugs, U.S. citizens are the enemy.
Albertcamus
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hell,i dont like Bush either.i didnt vote for him.but to suggest that Bush and or the US government would murder 3000 of its own people,destroy part of the pentagon,Destroy the world trade centers,and fly and airliner in to the fields of PA for some reason,just so we can attack Iraq is absolutely crazy.if that were to be true,i suggest we start packing our bags immediatley and move to New Zealand.do i think we are at war with ourselves?that depends on your definition of war,last time i looked out my window,there was no civil war going on in the streets.but my neihborhood is pretty quite.i live in the good section.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What, you don't think we aren't all ready at war with ourselves? Just look around... all this would do is make the battle lines less clear and the stacks of bodies higher than ever...
Albertcamus
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

you people dont actually believe that to be true do you.?if that were true we would be more likley to got to war with ourselves.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page