Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 19, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Missing Shipments ?? » Archive through May 19, 2002 « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you've got to be adding sugar to an absinthe, it's just not that good to begin with...
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In my opinion, the Francois Guy tastes like a less bitter, more refined Ulex Ordinaire. I found the Ulex grows on you, as long as the sugar is properly dissolved.
Robertsmith
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Still waiting for Frank and Mata Hari from Markus, but it's only been a week so I shouldn't even mention it. The more i have of the Kubler I got from Markus, the more i like it. Not as good as other LaBleus, but still good, and a fuck of a lot cheaper. And I don't like LaFee anymore. It's like an Absinthe candy bar. Too sweet and chemical tasting. La Fee is like some girl that's really beautiful when you're plotzed, but as soon as the lights come on, you're like, oh, ok, my judgement was severely impaired there.....
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My order from Markus finally arrived on Thursday. It took 3 weeks.

Here's what I got, in order of preference:
1) Kubler - very good - very much a La Bleue, although not as alcoholic.
2) Pernod 68 - good - like a cross between two other french: Versinthe and La Fee.
3) Oxygenee - good - sweet.
4) Ulex Ordinaire - forget about it - Thujone bomb explodes on contact, leaving the palate a disaster area.

I think I'll order the Francois Guy next.
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got a dozen bottles within ten days of ordering.. what the fuck is wrong with all of you??? Did you even paY??????? That helps you know... even if it's not your money, you still gotta pay...
If there's any interested parties, I may part with a few bottles of Frank Guy and Oxygenee... make me an offer...
pickle69@comcast.net
Verawench
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mine isn't here two weeks later. I emailed Markus. I'm worried. And very fucking thirsty.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd like to try it, but whats the verdict on it. Does it have any herbal effect ??
Giovannigray
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Got my package from Markus today. It took five days. I'm impressed!
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, don't wait, make your own... I just prefer to wait, gives me something to look forward too... anyway, I've got a couple extra bottles of Oxygenee I'm not crazy about, give me an offer and I'll ship them out Monday if you're that stir crazy...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My SC order never arrived and I ordered on the 9th of April. Cristina said in the most recent email that its clear that the package got lost. She said that she had already given the shipping dept the indications to reship my order. So I'm running out of La Fee and waiting for the Deva. So I suppose its additional 2 weeks till I get to try something new. Bottom line.. Waiting sucks.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ordered my Oxygenee and Kubler before the Frank Guy... got the Guy first though, the other two came about four days later... everything arrived well packed, nothing broken, leaking or otherwise amiss... out of the three, Kubler just slightly ekes ahead of Frank Guy... and Oxygenee, well, it kind of reminds me of Manguin (anyone remember that one????) So I may have a couple of bottles of Oxygenee for sale... fielding offers as we speak...
Verawench
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't seen my kubler. It's been two weeks. y'all must be having more luck, I guess.
Albertcamus
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i was so close to ordering from wolvie,but my paypal account stopped working,so i put it off.looks like that might have been a blessing
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus is doing a crack up job, let's hope he keeps it up... I may be in good absinthe all summer... just got to get the rest of my wolvie's la bleue...
Albertcamus
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

bravo for Markus,my Kublers arrived today.here i thought i was to spend the weekend with just Deva and my imagination.i havent tried it yet,but 5 days from Germany is awesome.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crossing my fingers ...
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll have to check with the courier company but I can't see why not.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ian, will you ship to Chile?
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can confirm that the Un Emile 68 that we are selling is not simply the 45 with more alcohol and that this version has been made exclusively for us.
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

go figure!yes it might be a good absinthe, a mini bottle i suppose would not be a good indicator.after drinking it,rather quickly i might add i was struck with the feeling that i wanted to try more.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Albertcamus, you wrote "louche" perfectly just now. That crafty green fairy seems to be improving your spelling! Drink on!
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

there *is* a difference between what Ian will be distributing and what they are currently selling, btw.
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

to me it doesnt seem to have much flavour,but it was just a mini bottle,so take that for what it is.it was clear and did get cloudy,i didnt want to spell out that "louche" word because i am half drunk know.i will probably order a bottle to give it the true test..
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean it doesn't taste like Pernot?
Albertcamus
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i got a mini bottle of Emile's,taste like absinthe...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page