Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Film, you say?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Film, you say? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 27, 2002Robertsmith25 5-27-02  11:42 am
Archive through May 30, 2002Larsbogart25 5-30-02  2:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That movie went hand and hand with Bruce Chatwins "The Songlines". His descriptions of the Aboriginals were funny, but they really scared me in the movie. Especially when they closed their black eyes and made those echoing frog sounds.
Talk about flying off the handle, I wonder if I have any Aboriginal blood.
Who else could have told that story BUT Peter Weir?
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Peter Weirs a genious. A nice double feature is the Last Wave and Mosquito Coast.
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Off to re-see "The Last Wave". [The last time I saw it was in the middle of winter and it had been snowing for a week] Lars, like anyone cares.

"It's a moody, water-drenched thriller set in Australia, about a white liberal lawyer (Richard Chamberlain) who, while defending an Aborigine accused of murder, stumbles across a tribal world of strange rituals, prophetic dreams, and apocalyptic visions that threaten "civilization."

I mean, how appropriate is that to whats happened on the Sepulchritude forum today?
Larsbogart
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Would you like to make that a value meal?
That will be $4.20.
Please pull around to the second window.
Uhm...its not PM its AM...
Robertsmith
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll take 2 whoppers w/ cheese, fries, and a Dr. Pepper, Lars.
Good to see you back.
I know several people who would be up for a toto film festival in NYC. I'll contact one of my friends who has a catalog which would probably have the Totoness. I'm sure if you contacted the people at anthology film archives they would be willing to give it a go, as would the film forum.

Me and my frat brothers once took some gravity bong hits and put on dark side of the moon while watching the wizard of oz. Not only is dorothy some cute little cookie, but when Toto jumps out of the basket to "On the Run", me and my buddies were like "whoa dude, thats cooler than tippin cows..."

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page