Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 29, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Fairy Fest/New York Get Together » Archive through May 29, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For those of a decadent bent, I see Sunday as the day where the envelope not only gets pushed, it gets ripped. For those of a drafthorse constitution, or w/good drug sources, this can be a very special day. Very special indeed. Nothing screams "I Love NY" like waking up in the boat pond in Central Park at 7pm in your undies.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Senor Rabeed,
It being The City, anything and everything is available within a short hike. Methinks I'll take a stroll after wresting control of the keys to the venue, and find a place where I can buy a dozen or so toss-away "crystal" glasses. I'd better get a couple dozen, as probably a goodly amount will be launched at Pikkle Puss' head.
As far as spoons, I'll try to remember to pack a pile of SC Press On Spoons. And some Domino's Dots.
Ah! Trailer trash absinthe swilling in the metropolis.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle old bean, I just don't want to cart around all that bulky assed styrofoam in addition to the other shit.

Perhaps some of the cavernous, strap-on created space in your colon could serve as cargo space?
Angryp
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

WHAT A PUSSY!!!!!!

You know, I'm beginning to understand why people are saying there's a frat house atmosphere 'round here lately.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

jeez oh pete, just take all that styrofoam from those bottles of absinthe you've been ordering and pack your fucking glasses up! WHAT A PUSSY!!!!!!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louchey, how close is this apt to someplace that sells water, ice and plastic cups?

Spoon wise, I will bring 4.

Glasses though, seem like they will be too much of a pain in the ass to transport, unless I do end up driving...
Rimbaud
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Someone's been watching Blue Velvet, I see...
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mari Mayans? Fuck that shit! Francois Guy!!!
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whoops ... Louched Liver just moved. Accidentally.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES!!!!!!!
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't it a comfort that the Oxygenée absinthe you'll be spewing is recommended by doctors?
my picture
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Talking about spewing... I hosted a party last weekend and one of my friend who was already dead drunk poured an insanely huge glass of Moonman's #9 (like 4-5 oz of 68% absinthe for 4-5 oz of water).

Next morning (well up to the end of the afternoon) he was green. GREEN I tell you !

I had just a sip of this glass and to my surprise, even at a 1:1 ratio it was not that bad (because there's not too much anis in that one). Ok I was pretty wasted at this moment but well, anyway, he was green and spaced out. Very funny. Well worth the price of that insane glass.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think there will be *too much* absinthes and that we shouldn't be affraid about any shortage. We shall just remember that we need five times more water ! We will also need an insane amount of ice and sugar.

I'll bring some of those fancy wrapped cubes with art repros but I hope someone else will provide water, ice and pitcher...

And what about glass and spoons ? Do we bring our own ?

If someone want to attend but don't receive it's absinthe in time, I'm sure we will have enought for everybody. Maybe those who don't bring absinthe (or who bring what's left gathering dust in their cabinet) could give some fund instead to our beloved Louched Wallet who paid for the apartment.

Just a suggestion...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Birds singing in the sycamore trees ... dream a little dream of me."

Wish I could be there, vintage absinthe or no vintage absinthe. Spew one for me!
Rimbaud
Posted on Wednesday, May 29, 2002 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Settle down pickle boy, or I shall challenge you to a duel under the sycamore trees...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

you bring that shit I'll slap the shit out of you!!!
Rimbaud
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can bring some Mari Mayans 70%, but you won't catch me drinking it!!! I'd like to be able to order something else to bring, but my current financial state will not allow it...:-(
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

if i stick to drinking my pernod 68 and oxy-g i'll bring some le bleue... don't be surprised if it looks like grey goose... if i decide to fly up le bleue faery will need to travel incognito... and if they do confiscate it and an international incident insues (and it will) tip a glass for me...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rabid, well put as always.

If everyone could bring a bottle, or a couple of partials, we should get to spew level w/out trouble. If we can get it coordinated here in time, great. If not, just bring what ya can and we'll have at it.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK- I will place an order soon.

I will bring Pernod and Oxygenee.

This is still not enough to get 24 people to the point of projectile vomiting, and is therefore insufficient.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That will be a hell of a party!

And you know what ? I have tasted none of the one you listed so I'm happy ! I'll have some catching up to do (I didn't buy anything since end of last year).

I'll probably rent a room at the hotel you pointed me, like about two block away from the party. That way I will just have to crawl back to my bed.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Homestretch.

Drink list so far:
Old Way, Larsand, Kubler, Frankie Guy. That's it. Wolvie's Green if it ever shows up too.

# of attendees is approaching at least 2 dozen.
Matei
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah figures... one year too late.

Before we moved back to the Old Continent I would've been there in a flash... I guess I'll have to wait for one here in Dublin.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I may live here, Pikkle Puss, but my accent is still all Mittenmouth.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh, you talk funny... must be that Pennsylvania accent... you all sound alike!!!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page