Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

May I interrupt?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » May I interrupt? « Previous Next »

Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tend to just sip from the bottle like a regular ole hobo.

jk
Themagicman
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I pour about 1 oz of water over the sugar slowly and wait about 2 to 3 min. so that the sugar will mostly dissolve and then I finish pouring the water over the sugar thats left again pouring slowly adding about 3 to 4 more oz. of water
thats how the Magic Man makes his Absinthe

thanks for reading I love you all Bye now latter
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Really, I tend to get FASTER after the first couple . . . faster POURING, that is.
Pablo
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heathen!

I do a fast pour when Im inpatient. Thats usually the first drink or two. After that, everything I do is slow.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jeez, guess I'm just lazy . . . or impatient . . . or unimpressed by ritual, or something.

I tend to just pour a four-count (well, a slow four-count) and top off with refrigerated water.

Everything (except that NASTY Sebor Strong . . . Did I mention that it's NASTY?) louches just as well in 5 seconds as it did the two or three times that I slowly dribbled water into it.

Guess I'm just a heathen.
Mordantiabat
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Magicman,

Thanks for the link -- that is the kind of thing I wanted.

But ... the reason I was hoping I could find someone who could do a capture of one for me is so I can use/manipulate the image/video freely. I can't swipe another site's movie file and use it like clip art. (And even if I wanted to, the video on their site is set so it can't be saved to disk -- I was going to try to save it and see if I could trace it into vectors and practice with it until I had one I could use at will).

But I thank you, though!
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wish I could help :(
Themagicman
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hope this helps. I thought Ive seen it before took me a little while to find it but here you go

http://www.absenta.com/images/abvid1.mpg

hope it will work
thanks
Admin
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

save me from these ruffians!

honest, where am I!?!?!
Mordantiabat
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shh. It's something I'm making pour vous! You don't know about it.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bat, hold me!
Mordantiabat
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I may interrupt the bimonthly "fuck this and that and everyone" fest for just a teensy moment, I have a practical request -- just a small favor to ask.

I need a basic video capture of the standard absinthe louche -- just a simple capture of the water pouring into the glass and a nice louche. I figure there are probably several of you who have the equipment (both the video and appropriate glassware/accoutrements!) and who would be kind enough to help me out with this little favor. I just need it to use basically as clip art/stock footage for something I'm doing.

Just something simple and basic. If someone can help me out with this, please toss me an email! (bat@sepulchritude.com)

Merci,
Bat

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page