Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Blood Axis Absinthe Album

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » Blood Axis Absinthe Album « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Vera!

BJ - I would NEVER buy without sampling first! Well, music, anyway.

Oh, and I did see it on a website for $14 instead of the $16 that was mentioned before . . . so it's worth shopping around if you plan to buy it!
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It shows up on eBay whenever I search for "absinthe"...
Verawench
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

To buy it:
http://www.industrial-music.com

To listen to a few songs: I'll upload some to my website and post a link here in a bit.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm, I went searching on kazaa.com for this, and found a hippity-hop song, "Absinthe," by L.O.C.; "Absinthe and Rue" by Symphony X (metal); and "Image" and "Standing with Knives" by Absinthe Blind. Nothing from the abovementioned album.

Tried both band names and the album title.

A website, http://www.fluxeuropa.com/mn0202-blood_axis_ljdlp.htm , includes info on this album and link to an absinthe FAQ prepared by someone who "does not condone the use of absinthe."

ANy idea where I might find a sample of this? Neither band's website even lists it in their respective discographies. I guess it didn't sell?
Larsbogart
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can I recommend some vintage Vera?
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know I know. I worship Vera :bows:
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Creepy and dreamy: a haunted parfait...
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vera's cooler than you-oo! Vera's cooler than you-oo!
Verawench
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very good. Creepy and dreamy.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is it any good ? I've heard its been out awhile. Sorry bout the post then.
Verawench
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, uh, I brought up this album months ago.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I copied that from a webpage somewhere. You can find all the tracks online.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

bloodaxisabsinthe
This long-awaited collaboration by Blood Axis and the
French group Les Joyaux de la Princesse is now available.

A century ago, the “Green Hour” was the most important time of day for many a lost soul. It was then that the cafés of Paris filled to the brim with laborers, artists, painters and poets, and the Absinthe began to pour forth into countless glasses. With a splash of water over a sugar cube perched on a perforated spoon, the opaline elixir was ready… and the fog of green madness descended over the world.

Today, two of the most notorious music projects of the underground—the American “inner expatriates” Blood Axis and the nostalgic French aesthetes Les Joyaux de la Princesse—have conspired to unveil their long-awaited homage to this infamous intoxicant. With Absinthe: La Folie Verte (Absinthe: Green Madness) they present the fruit of their reveries: a dreamlike journey through the addled mind of the Absintheur.

Absinthe: La Folie Verte is a sonic and poetic invocation combining mind-altering music and powerful recitations of Absinthe-inspired poems of the fin-de-siècle. These elements are united with a brilliant graphic presentation to conjure an emerald realm of euphoric delirium. This is also one of the most obsessive recordings ever made: the various melodies that float across these soundscapes derive from forgotten Absinthe songs of the past; actual elements of the latter, derived from old cylinder recordings and 78s, have been carefully stirred and distilled into new formulations by Les Joyaux de la Princesse. Furthermore, all aspects of this album—instrumentation, spoken recitations, and even the final mixing—were executed under the influence of the drink. The end result is an impressionistic tour-de-force and the ultimate aural hymn to la fée verte, the Green Fairy.

Following the CD version, Athanor will issue a special limited edition boxset containing a book, various printed pieces, and two 10" picture discs with remixes from Absinthe: La Folie Verte as well as live recordings from the debut performance of this material, which was presented on stage in Portugal by Blood Axis and Les Joyaux de la Princesse in October of 2001.

Copies of this full-length CD have been imported from France
and are now available for $16 postpaid in the US and Canada.

Please makepayments out to :

Michael Moynihan
P.O. Box 129
Waterbury Center, VT 05677 USA

Customers outside of North America may obtain this release for $18 including airmail, but we suggest that you consider ordering it directly from the label in France, Athanor (click on the link for ordering information).

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page