Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

"Essence?"

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » "Essence?" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 31, 2002Mr_Rabid25 5-31-02  8:28 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Destiny
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried to find the quote but wasn't sure of which thread it was in.

No offense intended, Wolfgang; I was just trying to point out that nobody insulted the honor of your sweetie, it was a misunderstanding - her virtue is intact.

(must... overcome... frat-boy... mentality..... don't.. make..... joke.... about....virtue...)

>:-)
Robertsmith
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

absinthe memory lapse. You said something about letting moonman bang your girlfriend. then I asked If I could bang her too, and you said no that privilege was reserved for you and your hogsmack supplier. maybe something got lost in the translation.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"banging the girlfriend" thing originated with Wolfgang himself -destiny-"

sorry ???

What did you say ?

>:
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 2, 2002 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a recurring dream that I go online and someone other than me knows that it's spelled "marshmallow," not "marshmellow."

Now I know that it wasn't a dream, it was a PSYCHIC VISION!

Just call me TrainerCleo from now on, mon! Don't forget to call me for your FREE READING!
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

SEE!
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had a dream I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pikkle was gone.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's not a dream unless there's a pikkle in it...
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have this equally vivid recurring dream.
I dream I'm eating a giant marshmallow and I wake up and my pillow is gone.
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Have a nice vacation Artemis, a change of environment is always good. Looking forward to your return. I often get a bit belligerent and sometimes retarded on here myself, but I just blame that on the absinthe and everythings ok. Thank god I have abisnthe, it sure beats legitimate responsibility! :) If the forum sucks, it's not my fault, its Bettys, Markus's, Spirit Corners, and Eabsinthe for selling absinthe to me! It's like giving a 4 year old a double barrel shotgun to play with....
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What? No DP????
Verawench
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have this recurring dream...

I'm sitting on the shore of a magnificent lake at sunset. I'm chain smoking. Some feet away, Artemis and Head are strolling along, seemingly engaged in a soft-spoken but passionate discussion. They are both aware of my presence but we ignore each other comfortably. Head keeps running his hand over his shaved head. Artemis keeps stroking his beard. I *am* a bit curious about the subject of their discussion.

They happen upon a small boat tucked away in the marshes. They fall silent, glance at each other and hop into the boat as if it were theirs. They paddle away vigorously as I watch, ouraged but silent. They sail to the middle of the vast lake, becoming smaller and smaller, two black human dots on the waters. Then a strange natural phenomenon engulfs them: the setting sun coils about them and what had been two distinct if distant human figures become one.

The boat turns around. The solitary man inside rows towards me. The dream always ends before he reaches the shore.
Admin
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ya'll send me 300 dpi scans of your hand ... I've got the formula. I'll work it out and report back.
Joalco
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What's worse, you've now been accused of jerkin' the gherkin...
Destiny
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

dude, she called you a Gherkin...
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LITTLE PIKKLE???????????????????

We'll see about that!
Admin
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

hhahaa! I'm sure even you, little pikkle.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

even me?
Artemis
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Wait a minute... did Artemis leave just this thread or entire forum?"

The forum.

I've done it before. Kallisti explained it well. I get burnt out. It's not a critique of the state of the forum - that ebbs and flows, and always has.

Every time I do leave, I hope to come back a better person. That goes for the real me, and for Artemis, which is an amalgamation of various aspects of my "true" personality, and some which seem to arise on the spur of the moment. Sometimes I don't like the result much at all.

I'm embarrassed about that last little flame war; that's not the way I like to represent myself. I apologize to all who were offended.

I saw the question about what constitutes "real" absinthe and the reference to Phil and Ian's site. I went and checked out the site; that was the first time I had seen it. I can't argue with anything that was written there; it's very good.

Times are better than they've ever been for 21st Century absintheurs; it looks like Phil and Ian are working on the real thing. Jade is definitely the real thing and Ted and Don deserve all the credit in the world for trying to deliver; I think people should cut them some slack and be patient - it WILL be worth the wait.

I need a vacation from here, so off I go. I wish you all the best.
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm blowing you a kiss Kallisti....
You're no more responsible for this forum than any of the rest of us, and thanks for trying to stay as neutral as possible ( and I say fuck you fuck balls to anyone who blames Kallisti for anything said on the forum other than what she says....) That's the beauty of anarchy. Admin just created the environment and we make up whatever rules we want. They change daily. Enjoy your emotional PMS roller coaster. It's nice to be passionate about things even if it's purely chemical.....
but then what were Hunter S. Thompsons writings?

Or my posts..
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"On a side note, I believe that "banging the girlfriend" thing originated with Wolfgang himself."
It did and the wanking remark also.
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

by the way ... hahahaa!

I'm p.m.s'ing

heheheheh. that's funny. ok, return to your regular scheduled dirty sox program.

we'll leave the blood clots, cystic hardening of the ovaries, multiple orgasms & vaginal vericose veins to the girlie absinthe forum.

now, kiss me.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess posting a question about something to which I have not yet found reference (here or elsewhere), and asking whether anyone else had run across it, makes me a simpleton. I'm sorry that my insolence in making such a ridiculous post has so horribly upset others.
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

also, please keep in mind these are my opinions as a private citizen ...

the forum is a living breathing place, with many lives and many faces. it's not going anywhere and I'm not policing it (more than the bare minimum).
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

what percentage? well, enough that I seem to have been the last to comment on it.

I'm all for keeping this place free and flapping in the wind. but don't act surprised when some folks throw their arms in the air when it occasionally degenerates.

what is it, love the locker room or leave it?

seems like.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This forum is like being caught in a rip current. If you dont go with the flow you will simply give out and drown. As someone stated before its their choice if they want to leave. Maybe the forum has lost its luster for them. Or maybe they feel like they know all there is to know and dont see the point. Whatever the case maybe, life goes on.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wouldn't necessarily be adverse to the scent of a girls locker room...
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But honestly Kallisti, what percentage of posts over the past 30 days are really "dick jokes"? Personally, I'd prefer a stupid but good natured "show us your boobs" to an abrasive, arrogant, or downright grumpy comment (which has caused much more harm than the frat-boy humor.)

On a side note, I believe that "banging the girlfriend" thing originated with Wolfgang himself.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page