Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

I'd say it's a-okay....la di da dum...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » I'd say it's a-okay....la di da dum « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, June 2, 2002 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

you know what though, we all happen to be water drinkers... and what do you do when you don't have any water? Like my uncle always told me "Just drink your spit."
There you have it! HAH!
Robertsmith
Posted on Sunday, June 2, 2002 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is not the Emile thru "regular channels" Betty's 45% version, which is the official French version, and then the 68% is the full strength export only version (from Absinthe online, no?)
Whatever doood, or El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cuz see Pikkle Puss, if you are an absinthe drinker, and DON'T have any-
Whatever dude...
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

whatever dude...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Any time you actually have absinthe is a good time to be an absinthe drinker.
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

anytime is a good time to be an absinthe drinker...
Joalco
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti ~

Indeed... That's why I'm looking forward to it. Not only that, I can't wait to see what future endeavors we'll see from absintheonline.com.

For all the bitching we do, it really is a great time to be an absinthe drinker...

Now if Wolvie would just catch up with all these back orders...
Pikkle
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

heh... you said CUstoM
Admin
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

do keep in mind, however, that the un emile that will be availbale thru absintheonline.com is a custom formulation, and not the same that is currently available thru regular channels.
Joalco
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I sampled the Emile about two months ago, and while I wasn't disappointed, it didn't nearly measure up to the Francois Guy. One of my drinking companions compared it, not completely unfairly, to La Fee, sans the neon-green coloring. I'm looking forward to the Absinthe Originals version of the Emile, however. It should shine in all the places the recent mass-produced version fell short.
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes,
I'd like to know about un Emile as well. Any knowledge?

Quite fond of Oxygenee and Pernod.
Cheri
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite now is Oxygenee. I had three glasses last night and was absolutely delish. I wish I had the funds to buy more of what I like more often! Damn bills! It sucks when you have to make a choice between food, utilities, mortgage and absinthe.
Threestooges
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll try the Oxygenee tomorrow and see if I can taste a pepper flavor. I'm enjoying the Deva 70 right now. I'm on my third, feeling kinda nice. Bye the way, anyone tried un Emile. How does it compair to Oxygenee.

Cheri, what is your favorite...

Your favorite Stooge...
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How much for the children?

Do you guys taste the pepper flavor in Oxygenee? This was the first brand where I ever tasted it, but now I think I'm tasting a little bit of pepper in Pernod 68. Weird!

What causes that - actual pepper?
Threestooges
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with the Oxygenee, I just opened my first battle yesterday. I posted my thoughts on the forum. I'm trying Deva 70 as I type. It's very good too... The Oxygenee is my favorite for now...

My girlfriend and kids are gone too, and it's all for me...

Your favorite Stooge...
Cheri
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sitting here with my newest aquisition that was delivered to me doorstep today.. my bottles of NS70 and Oxygenee...My kids at work and he has a ride home.. my boyfriends tired and grouchy and staying at his house. I'm all alone and it's all FOR ME>>>>>>>>!!!!

Based on my absinthe experiences, I'd say that Oxygenee is a-okay! And right up there and even overtaking segarra on my list of the best so far. Mind you, I've never had vintage or la bleu or francois guy or jade...

I love the smooth taste, anis and yet, there almost seems to be some citrus as well. I have what one would call the heartburn rating as well. Mari Mayans gives me instant heartburn just smelling it.. the next heartburn culprit is Deva (although I love it).. I am experiencing none at all so far from Oxygenee albeit I am experiencing a bit of being gawdamn drunk and goofy on my second tall glass of 1 to 4 with ice.

Then there is the laxative rating in which Sepris wins hands down (or rather butt down?) so far for me.

I deem oxygenee my very expensive gets you fucked up and tastes so good lemondade with a big big bite of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

And by some miracle of sorts, SC mailed it last week on thursday, I got it today.

And it's got a purdy purdy bottle...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page