Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Oxygenee, Deva 70, Pernod 68

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Oxygenee, Deva 70, Pernod 68 « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stooge -

As it turns out, the Nasty Sebor Strong is NOT made by Sebor, but by an imitator. seborabsinth.uk (or something like that) carries the real Sebor, not the Nasty Sebor Strong.

I have not tried the real Sebor, and can only comment that the Nasty Sebor Strong is, well, Nasty.

Cleared my drain, though, better than Drano.
Threestooges
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Still have not received the higher alcohol Sebors. I'm hoping it will be in the mail today. I sure hope its not as bad as Robertsmith suggest.

Stay tuned,

Your favorite Stooge...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

some people would rob their mothers for the ends...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

mmm... what a vulva...
Robertsmith
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Describe your mother to me...
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

please, get out more, all of you...
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Serpiscitude?" See, now that's just silly.

Of course, I imagine ANYONE will sound like a flaming queen (a Serpisissy?) trying to say "Serpisicity!"
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Serpisicity"

Hahaha, I like it... Or shall we say Serpiscitude ?

LOL
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, that would work . . .

Or to convince Customs officials that absinthe will NEVER catch on in the U.S.!
Robertsmith
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

or use it to poison your mortal enemies...
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robert -

The NEW Sebor is (I double-checked the link Stooge had posted) the NASTY SEBOR STRONG. Has a whopping full 10 mg/kg thujone, and higher alcohol content than the OLD Sebor, the one which made you into an "absinthe" fountain.

I've not had trouble keeping it down . . . GETTING it down, yes. KEEPING it down, no. I think it has so much alcohol in it, that it numbs the stomach lining. Major hangover and none of those nifty effects the herbs are supposed to provide. Of course, I haven't had any from Serpis 65, Deva 50, or NS, either, and we've determined that I'm a freak in that respect, so who knows what it might do for you.

If you are stuck with a bottle of the stuff, I find it more drinkable when mixed 50/50 with Serpis 65, then watered. Turns a lovely golden color, and doesn't taste too bad. You can still detect the Seborness, but it's offset to a degree by the Serpisicity.

Alternately, pour some into those little Sterno cups when they're empty, and use it to keep your chafing dishes hot.
Robertsmith
Posted on Saturday, June 1, 2002 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whats the new Sebor? The "old" sebor made me spray puke out my nose after 3 glasses. I haven't had Oxy or new Pernod, but Deva 70% had too strong alcohol. Vaporized my stomach lining, although it did taste OK. I recommend Guy or LaBleu next. Or maybe Kubler, if you don't mind burnt toast....
Gotta buy LaFee just because it is unique, but once you have more you'll think its just Twizzler flavoured sugar water.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Deva 70 is nice, better than the LA Fee in my opinion. I wish I would have gotten the lower alcohol version though.It leaves a nice minty after taste in my mouth. I dont really think the La Fee is all that great. Nice bottle, nice little spoon. Nice decoration ?? Not a bad absinthe but not as good for the price they charge. By all means try it for yourself though. :)
Threestooges
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hay Moe, Hay Larry...

What an experience… First, I must say that my knowledge of the world’s Absinthe is only from tasting these three Absinthe. I tried the Oxygenee first, something told me that it was great. Then I tried the Pernod 68, too sweet, the licorice was to strong, and I worried that the Deva might not be as good as the Oxygenee. As I write, I sip on a Deva 70, wow. It’s close to the Oxygenee but you tell there’s a15% difference in Alcohol. Very nice.

Well, to sum it up. Oxygenee and Deva are two fine Absinthe in my opinion as a novice. It will be interesting to see how the new Sebor’s compares.

Your favorite Stooge...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page