Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 31, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru May 2002 » "Essence?" » Archive through May 31, 2002 « Previous Next »

Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speaking of my...wait.

Does anyone know of any internet forums, anywhere, that do not smell like locker rooms?

Examples, please...
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm all for a little sleazeball fun, honest. Those who know me know that.

But it's true, the constant barage of dick jokes, show us your boobs, and "can I bang your girlfriend" ... when put together, make for one stinky locker room.
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

so my body upped the estrogen...
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, and blackjack didn't show his man boobs either. Where's da luv?
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with you Destiny.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well Mr. Rabid, I invite you to write and post a poem to help break us out of the rut; and when you do, take some small pleasure that I'll pour myself a nice glass of something and enjoy reading it.

I just don't get all the stupid cock-fighting around here; choose your battles wisely I say...

Of course, Vera could have stopped all of this from happening if she would have just shown us her boobs when she had the chance!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I have it in me, I do. I just haven't lately.

Same for the rest of you?

As for myopia- I've been posting here for three or four years. There are cycles. This is either a particularly long dick-joke-cycle (longer than any I remember) or something is fundamentally different that I am not able to pin down.

Never gone on this long is all.
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Obviously, nothing is literally the "same" - the same five people posting the same posts through eternity.

If you have the life-span of a fly, things are very different. However, if you take a less myopic view you see things basically stay the same, someone posts a drunk rant and then apologizes, people have bloody disagreement about , Wolfgang makes us giggle with a funny translation mix-up, Vera gives us a boner with a suggestive comment, Kallisti interjects some hilarious off-the-wall story, someone reviews a new absinthe brand, and newbies ask about flaming sugar cubes, thujone and do-it-yourself absinthe kits...

Poem threads come and go, film threads come and go, all thread come and go... There hasn't been enough poetry for you lately? So then write a freakin' poem and post it - nobody is being stopped from starting any fucking thread they want to. Gandhi said it best, "be the change you want to see".

What would the ghosts of absinthe's past talk about as they got absolutely shit-faced? I'd bet the same basic stuff that goes on here - politics, art, theater and sex, sex, sex; to think otherwise would be foolish. If you think about it, the Parisian absinteurs (sp?) were the consummate frat-boys.
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

easy to check, he made his post in the "OK, we're fucked." several minutes before this one.

he don't mince words. he sez what he means and means what he sez.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"to assume that Artemis stormed out because of the post below is short sighted and sheer folly."

In and of itself, sure. But there's such a thing as the straw that broke the camel's back (temporarily, I hope). At least, it nearly broke MY back ...
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Things am not the same.

I remember when there was more poetry, art, prose, and not as much fucking around.

I have no problem with dick jokes- they have always been here.

But that's mostly what's been going on round here lately, aside from the usual political stuff and, of course, absinthe stuff.

When was the last poem posted? The last prose?
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I believe the problem to be simple hypocrisy. It's human nature to be a hypocrite, and getting older seems to acerbate this tendency. What Marc and Don, and whoever else leaves this forum on a rant, doesn't seem to realize is that things are the same, it's just easier to say that "things" have changed rather than admit that it's you that has changed.

Boys will be boys... you would think that if anyone would understand that it would be another guy.
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

also, ok. so you're NOT FRAT BOYS. we believe you. get over it. move along people. wounded egos are never so pretty as when they're hanging out to dry with the rest of the laundry.
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

to assume that Artemis stormed out because of the post below is short sighted and sheer folly.
Larsbogart
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How about taking bets on who's going and how long they stay away for?
But that would be easy to manipulate. For example me, call me a frat boy. Go ahead.
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc and Artemis are grandstanding. Anyone who draws such attention to themselves leaving is looking for a reaction. It's like being 14 and threatening to kill yourself because your parents won't let you listen to Ozzy.
As long as there's people on this forum who are experienced with absinthe who have something to teach me, and as long as there's people who can take a joke, I'm staying right here. And I see nothing offensive by Traineraz's post. Concentrated Absinthe oil essence is an absurd notion, and in my opinion offensive to the history of real absinthe, but I think it's silly to run out of the room and slam the door behind you because somebody asked a serious question about it. I'm also a big enthusiast of classic cars, and I cringe everytime I see one of those tiny 3 cylinder disposable fibreglass honda go carts that have become so popular, but I'm not going to stop driving because others don't appreciate my superior tastes. Traineraz wasn't saying he was even interested in buying the poop extract, he was just asking a question.
*eggshells on the floor everywhere, watch your step!!!*
Admin
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

people do feel the need to forum detox from time to time.

some go never to darken our doorways evermore. some return awakened and refreshed.

but considering the mentality that can oft times prevail and our own frail inability to NOT become involved ... sometimes its just better to go take a nap.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!*
Destiny
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wait a minute... did Artemis leave just this thread or entire forum?

If the latter, what's going on around here? If I don't like a thread or I get bored with some of the nonsense, I just duck into another thread or leave for the day. What's with the latest fad to throw the baby out with the bath water?

If people want to leave, it's their choice. But with all due respect, I don't buy the latest round of excuses as to *why* these people are leaving - the logic is so hypocritical and full of holes.

Sorry for the rant, I'm still puzzled by Marc's departure.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My guess is, it wasn't the link itself that made Artemis leave.

It was that Traineraz presented a ponderous, oft-repeated, goofy thing in an incredulously earnest light. The effect was unintentionally(?) irksome. ;-)
Robertsmith
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds horrifying. I'm sure we'll have absinthe tea bags coming shortly, and then I'm really looking forward to the "I can't believe it's not absinthe" powder called NutraSinthe. I'd be curious to know which distilleries they sell their product to (probably the Czechs), so I can make sure to never buy from those manufacturers. I am glad that you posted the link, though, because it made Arty leave...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vodka alone just makes me gag, I couldnt imagine putting wormwood oil or anise to brighten the taste. It just sounds really vile altogether.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

RTFFAQ.

REAL absinthe is made with a distilling process, with extremely high-proof alcohol. Anything that involves steeping a mixture of herbs in 90 proof vodka is bound to be extremely vile. This kind of stuff shouldn't be given a second thought.
Artemis
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What else needs to be said?

Jesus. Fuck this.

Adios, motherfuckers!!
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

no
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone seen www.absintheliquors.com?

They claim to have produced a product which, when mixed with sugar and alcohol (they say vodka), produces a home-brew absinthe. Of course, they also say its thujone content is similar to vermouth or Jager.

Any thoughts or experience?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page