Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Serpis - without Anis

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » New Serpis - without Anis « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Baz -

You misunderstand. I regularly buy Serpis 65. I like it, in spite of the orangeness. I suppose it just contributes to the Serpisicity.

The "Slerpis" is mentioned on Verawench's website. It's Serpis mixed with a cherry Slurpee.

Wolfgang -

GASP! The Nasty Sebor Strong (oops, I did it again) isn't even ON that website! (the good one, that is)

Is it possible someone is dragging Mr. Sebor's mediocre (by all accounts) name through the mud with a name theft? If so, why isn't the lad SUING?

Oops, there it is on the website, saying that someone is selling an imitation. "Please note Sebor Absinth has its share of people trying to sell the public something other than "Sebor Absinth". I quess we should take this as a compliment as "Imitation is the best form of flattery". "

Perhaps Kallisti can update the links in the buyer's guide to be sure nobody accidentally purchases the Nasty Sebor Strong when they think they're getting "The Best Absinthe the Modern World has Known."
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe they come from the same distillerie, I don't know, but for sure the bad one use a very bad base alcohol.

Anyway IMO, even the good one is way too expensive for what it is.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, i'll repeat it one last time...

http://www.sebor-absinth.com/ = the "good" Sebor (including the listed UK distributors)

http://czechabsinth.com/index.htm = the BAD one.

I had a bottle from both sources. The one from the bad source arrived broken but the smell of the remaining liquid was disgusting and chemical. I had lots of trouble to get my money back. I did get it back only after I created an anti-czechabsinth.com web site and registered it to all major search engines.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

trainer-
if you haven't tried sir piss, at least try it. Others will verify that it has a certain, um... appeal. If your into that kind of thing. Which I'm not. I mean, I am but I'm not. If you know what I mean.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But Wolfgang, aren't they both from the same distillery?
Cheri
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sebor Strong is majorally nasty! However, it did kill all the ants in my kitchen that dared to go near the spoon I used..
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sebor strong is an undrinkable ripoff. The regular Sebor is drinkable and to my knowledge is the best Czech absinthe available (but I didn't had the courage to taste them all).
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Slerpis . . . ewww, I read about the slerpis on Vera's website . . . Absinthe cherry slurpee, sounds GRODY to the MAX . . .

Probably worse than that NASTY Sebor Strong!

Hmm, has anyone detected in my posts that, for some reason, I think Sebor Strong is NASTY? Hope I'm not too subtle.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't have any slerpis... I've never had any slerpis except one time... yeah, that was that time... and it wasn't now... I know this because I know these things...
Mclion
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry - still no F. Guy here! I'll let you know imediately when it arrived.

Markus
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah sure, wait right there... look for them...
Robertsmith
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

They did, however, leave the Anus in.
Sorry, I'm a fucking dick.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle, you can send em to me, I'll be happy to pay $5 each for them, since we know that old-fashioned, anise-heavy Serpis 65 will be just worthless now . . .
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Golly, I've still got five bottles left... what am I going to do with all these bottles? Shucks...
Themagicman
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hay Markus have you got the F. Guy back in yet
Mclion
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haven't decided yet to take it in or not. I'm going to let others judge as well. One tongue is not always objective. Maybe it's only me not liking this one and all the other love it....
We'll see!

Markus
Lint
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

are you going to be offering it markus?

todd
Mclion
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Folks,
I'm just sipping on a glass of the new Serpis. No Anis, quite bitter and not really tasty. Maybe the Anis-Haters like it, but I'm sure that every real Absintheur will hate this stuff! Be aware of it!

Markus

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page