Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

From Hell DVD Absinthe History?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » From Hell DVD Absinthe History? « Previous Next »

Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Detox is for quitters... and what's wrong with short posts?

Oops, sorry. That was another thread.
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

as artemis noted, one of the absinthe forum's most venerable members, absinthedrinker (Ian), is featured in the FROM HELL absinthe documentary.
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gaston, the From Hell absinthe featurette is actually a relatively accurate and well done piece of work (Just ignore the Sebor's bone-head.) Watch it yourself, your girlfriend's interpretation seems a little off.

Artemis, detox is overrated, please stick around.
Petermarc
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

gaston,
if your girlfriend's name is 'pauline'
you're in trouble...andré is looking for you...
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

> Artemis, aren't you supposed to be in detox?

Yes.

> he must have escaped from the clinic before his
> treatment was complete...

I admire those who can break the Fee Verte forum addiction cold turkey, but for me it's always been a three-step process:

1. Stop posting
2. Stop reading
3. Stop caring about it at all

I've never made it past 2-1/2.

So I read a post that completely misrepresents that DVD, which features one of our own forum members making possibly the most accurate absinthe commentary that's ever made it onto any type of screen at any time in history.

I can let it slide, hoping somebody else does the right thing and points out the truth, or I can hobble out of bed, my ass showing out my hospital gown, and risk the approbation of the forum's closet nannies by toasting another newbie who wandered in here talking with his mouth full (of Vera's clown cereal). It was a difficult decision, but somebody had to make it.

As for the photo, that's me on the right. Same picture that's on my driver's license.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Check out Artemis' profile photo, it's great! It took a second to register...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

he must have escaped from the clinic before his treatment was complete...
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis, aren't you supposed to be in detox?
Artemis
Posted on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"who I can thank for this asinine commentary/propaganda"

Your girlfriend. She's the only one who made any asinine commentary. For a reality-based view of the DVD, see the (numerous) posts on it in the archives of this forum.
Gastonbeauvais
Posted on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone seen the "History of Absinthe" that is a special feature on the "From Hell" DVD? I saw the film, but since I don't have a DVD player, I have not seen this featurette. My girlfriend saw it and said that whoever was discussing La Fee Verte said that it causes eplileptic fits etc etc. (YAAAAWWWWNNN...) Naturally, she became even more concerned about my absinthing...("But honey, it's only 70% alcohol! And besides, it's sold by Spaniards--a noble and trustworthy people, to be sure...")I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this and who I can thank for this asinine commentary/propaganda...the only fits I seem to suffer are the ones that come with empry bottles in the morning...

Gaston

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page