Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A draw with Germany, FUCKING BRILLIAN...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » A draw with Germany, FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!! « Previous Next »

Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A 3-0 victory against the Saudis sees us through to the next round with no difficulties. The first time Ireland have scored more than 1 goal in a world cup match ever. Roll on the next round we're ready for anyone, ready to kick some Spanish ass.

Hobgoblin
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Congrats, Hobster!

[Hoists a cyber-pint...]
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lennox Lewis is truly one of boxing's all time greats. It'll be a long time before another boxer takes any of his titles away. A true sportsman and a nice guy as well.

Tyson was totally outclassed.

Hobgoblin
Chrysippvs
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wonderful, Wonderful...Lewis proved me right. I enjoyed the fight totally...

- J
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Using a masterful left jab and landing his right hand at will, Lewis battered a befuddled Mike Tyson before stopping him with a crashing right hand in the eighth round to keep his heavyweight titles Saturday night.
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If anyone is going to watch the fight, please post the happenings as I am unable to find ANY Sports Bar that is showing it. The cable company here is charging $5k for all commercial operations just for the fight. Da Bastads.
Larsbogart
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fight? Maybe...
Mike Tyson's real talent is home decorating. He can make Martha Stewart look like, well, Mike Tyson. Could you ever forget Barbrta Walters interview with he and Robin Givens in their home?
Mike Tyson Living.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, June 8, 2002 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tyson is no match for Lewis. Lennox Lewis is a class fighter and a true sportsman. He's also intelligent and that's a quality somewhat rare in a heavyweight fighter.

Lennox will hammer Tyson. Tyson's just a washed out has-been who is under the illusion that he's still somebody. 'Iron-Mike' has long since started to rust away. Tyson is just a scumbag who's past his sell-by date.

Lordhobgoblin
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now THAT'S fucking brilliant! - And probably true!
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One guy I saw set the over/under at round 3. Not for the fight - but for Tyson to go psych and get himself disqualified.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HOLY CRAP!

Well, since this is sort of the sports section of the Absinthe forum...Pay Per View wants $60 for the TYSON vs. LEWIS fiasco...I mean fight.

I know it's all about the money and all, but jeez, I just wanted to watch it in the comfort of my home - Guess what sunshine? Nope.

Will it be another 15 seconder?
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Well Argentina may have beat us at football but we kicked their ass in the Falklands war".

And at the same time, the Argentines were saying: "Ché, the Brits may have beaten us in the Malvinas war, but we kick their cojones in every match." Maradona was their avenger.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Well this'll be the first time they'll be reliving the Falklands war"

(Laughing) Yeah, I know! I was being cheeky with that "every time" remark.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well this'll be the first time they'll be reliving the Falklands war because England haven't beat Argentina at football since 1966.

On the other hand every time Argentina beats England we get all the "Well Argentina may have beat us at football but we kicked their ass in the Falklands war". Now they're saying "We beat Argentina at football just like we also beat Aregentina in the Falklands". I find the whole thing a bit odd, in a distasteful manner.

Anyway if the Argentinian football team had just eased off all the fouling and dirty play, they wouldn't have given away a penalty that cos them the game. There was no hand God to stop Beckham sinking the ball into the back of the Argentinian net today.

Hobgoblin
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well this'll be the first time they'll be reliving the Falklands war because England haven't beat Argentina at football since 1966.

On the other hand every time Argentina beats England we get all the "Well Argentina may have beat us at football but we kicked their ass in the Falklands war". Now they're saying "We beat Argentina at football just like we also beat Argentina in the Falklands". I find the whole thing a bit odd, in a distasteful manner.

Anyway if the Argentinian football team had just eased off all the fouling and dirty play, they wouldn't have given away a penalty that cos them the game. There was no hand God to stop Beckham sinking the ball into the back of the Argentinian net today.

Hobgoblin
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Every time Britain beats Argentina in a match, the Argentines relive the Falklands War. They're an emotional bunch.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I really do feel sorry for the Argentinians, Argentina could have done with something to lift it out of the gloom. So after the Argentinian defeat, all England have to do now is draw against Nigeria and they're through (pretty much a foregone conclusion I'd say).

Actually if the Germany Cameroon game ends up anything other than a draw, Ireland only have to beat the Saudis by 1 goal (not exactly difficult) and we're through. If the Germany Cameroon game is a draw and we don't beat the Saudia by 2 goals (and as they held Cameroon to only a 1 goal victory we'll have our work cut out for us to beat them by 2 goals, plus the fact that Ireland have never beaten any team by 2 goals) then we'll be drawing lots for a chance to go through.

Hobgoblin
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

France - No score game.
Camaroon over Saudi 1-0
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well France can still go through to the next round if they beat Denmark by 2 goals. I'd like France to go through but I'm not putting money on them beating Denmark by 2 goals.

Anyway Ireland still have to beat Saudi Arabia by 2 goals to go through. By no means a dead cert. but it's a fair bet that they will.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 6:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Will France be the second team to join Saudi Arabia and leave the World Cup? As we speak they draw 0-0 with Uruguay. Can they pull something our of the bag and save their Gallic bacon? If only Thierry Henry hadn't gone in with a dirty studs up tackle and recieved the red card would things have been different?

Anyway the England Argentina match should be worth watching. That's if the Argentinians don't all start rolling around on the ground in agony when someone gently brushes up against them or gives them a nasty look.

And the USA v's Korea on the 10th, now that will be a match and a half.

Hobgoblin
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

When's rugby world cup?????????
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Awsome...I did see the USA beat Portugal, well some of it.

You are right Lord, Could be a great World Cup.

NoLa
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A 1-1 draw with Germany in the last minute of injury time! God is truly an Irishman. We're on our way to the next round and that's for sure.

And as for the USA, beating Portugal, well done indeed.

Did anyone see the game when the Koreans beat Poland? Another under-dog that plays cracking football, quick as fucking lightning they were, the Poles looked like concrete posts compared to the Koreans.

This will be a World Cup full of surprises.

Hobgoblin

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page