Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 05, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » The Inner Sanctum » Archive through June 05, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For instance:

Jackson Pollack
William Burroughs cut-up experiments.
Lou Reed's METAL MACHINE MUSIC.
Adam Sandler's entire career.
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

chevalier,

I think alot of great art is the result of accidental brilliance.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Dr. Freudpikkle ... I think.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

that was in no way accidental my friend... and some of the most brilliant things in this world are come by inadvertantly... live with it, you are my god now!
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Accidental brilliance doesn't count, I'm afraid.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

NOOOO!!!! "Peaceful, absinthe-related threats" was just a thing of beauty! Amazing imagery indeed...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I make typos, they tend to be fatal.
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'll fix it for you, Chev ...

THERE now. better?
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh no, I liked it the other way much better...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"by creating peaceful, absinthe-related threats?"

Threads! With a "d"! I hate when the edit option doesn't work ...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll say this for Mr. Campbell. Besides having a fine first name, he doesn't give up on what he believes in. On many occasions he has reanimated the forum with a well-aimed, well-timed cyber wrench. (That's a compliment, by the way.) Remember when Ted used to try to lure us from feuding by creating peaceful, absinthe-related threats? Marc does the opposite: he jumps on our backs, attempting to rouse us out of the doldrums. It's better to be pissed off than soporific.

Marc, I think I've finally picked up your wavelength.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am so confused.

Houseboy? Robertsmith?
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This thread should have been called "The Inner Rectum."

Everybodies got one...
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is like chasing a rabbit out of the cabbage patch.

RS, when Houseboy hits 3, yer outa here. So, take the vacation, don't bother to write.
Houseboy
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, fixed. I'm lurking for a while, maybe forever. I better see at least 20 golden posts a day now that I'm retreating, or I'm coming back muthafuckas!!!!
Arj
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Kallisti can run this place like an old testament goddess. Have a long patience, but when finally pissed off: flood them and answer to no one. If in retrospect it was overkill, sorry guy, here's a rainbow.
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

btw - the post below was from my Houseboy. since I'm not paid to do this, I found someone who'd do it for free.

He cooks, cleans (except dishes, feh!), and does my dirty work around the bar.
Anatomist
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why is everyone always obsessed with fairness and even-handedly applied rules? Is bureacracy really so beloved? I say fuck that with a capital fuck that. Fairness is nonsense. Nothing in the universe has ever been fair, except the regretful daydreams of whiners who lost out on what they didn't get. This isn't a federal entitelment program - it's her forum, let her trust her own judgement. Just be yourself and hope you don't run afoul of it.

K.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup. It's like when I used to play in coffeehouses, when I'm just getting to the really soft a cappella verse and then some fool orders a latte and the cappucino machine goes WHOOSH and I suddenly need a hand grenade.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps a private forum isn't the best answer.

It will raise questions of who gets to be a member- who decides that? Is anyone competent to judge whether someone is worth having around on behalf of everybody?

Maybe a section of this one, the back room of the bar. Above the door would be posted some rules- stay on topic or die, whathaveyou. And being booted from there- Kallisti could be waiting with a hair trigger shotgun for anyone that disrespected the vibe.

Because that is what this is about- the vibe. The mood of the room.

When somebody gets on stage and comes off with a badass poem, the way it is right now someone else will make a fart noise.

So nobody is getting up on stage. The standard has been lowered spontaneously. In a room full of fratboys, would you stand up and speak your ode to whatever? Probably not.

A back room anyone can enter but everyone knows is not the place to say 'you said member, huhuhuh.'

And a front room to attract new customers, fart jokes and all.
Angryp
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For that to work, there have to be clear and unambiguous rules about what is and what is not acceptable. The admin has to be ruthless about locking (if possible in this bbs) and deleting offending posts and/or threads and banning persistent offenders.

If Kallisti's willing to do this, I'm all for not making a passworded forum.
Anatomist
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle,

I had actually forgotten all about that Beatles thread thing. Apparently, the opportunity to be a disruptive asshole was of more significance to you than that which you disrupted was to me. I'm glad I was able to provide you with such a cherished memory.

K.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page