Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 05, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Greetings and salutations! » Archive through June 05, 2002 « Previous Next »

Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gator on a stick.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

mmm... me and Head is gettin on fine, send some over... and everyone is invited!
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

oh! and squirrel gumbo at neighbor's ho-down.
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

no, can't say I have ...

did try some gator sausage off a friend's plate at Coop's however.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kal,

Do you remember F&M's patio bar? Greedy Dogs in the back was selling Nutria Burgers...I don't remember if I ever tried one, but in those days if I didn't fall off the pool table at 4AM I was doing well.

NoLa
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

heh, when I was livin' there, there was a nutria over population problem due to animal hunting regulations, so they tried to promote hunting them for food. and the sunday paper had a huge spread on nutria recipes. gack!

here ya go, taken at the nola zoo:

big as beavers!
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well YALL,

We actually like NUTRIA down here in de bayou!

Nutria - Rats as big as cats...I wish I had a picture. OH, I just have to go to the sewer drain out back or under de porch.

Ohh Ohh Mr. Cotter...Can I go to Pikkle's house too?
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, muskrat is quite popular down river Detroit... you needed to know that because I said so!
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rat? Popular dish down in the bayou, no?

But getting back on track . . . Welcome, Odd Grimm, I'm relatively new here myself. I'm still not sure which names not to mention, as they seem to change daily. (Voldemoort?) (sp) So, I try not to mention any. Seems safer that way. :)

Nolamour, don't worry, your turn to be tied to the lamppost and gang-raped will come. Just go to Pikkle's house, he'll hook ya up.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

live and let live... I love you my brothers and sisters... . . . . . . .
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ohhhh I think I smell a RAT!
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I smell a rat.
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome Oddgrimm, do you speak Icelandic? LIAR!
Baz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where's Don? Was he permanently banned?
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ROTFL,

I feel left out...Isn't anyone going to degrade me? I've only been here a few weeks and I wasn't even welcomed. I guess that is part of my initiation.

C'mon Pikkle...I know you want to.

(as the can of worms is opened)
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...Yea, and if they mentioned Hill`s they would be tied down to a huge spoon and burned to death ...
Baz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I've been gone for a few months now and I don't know which names not to mention anymore-it just seems like a merry-go-round. Maybe I can be a newbie again so that I can agrivate people by invading their temple here...sort of like regaining my virginity!

Ah, for the good old days, when newbies were tied to the lamp on spiritscorner and gang raped, lashed with barbed wire, drawn, quartered, raped again, then covered with honey and fed to the fire ants. I know some of you miss those days... or at least talk (incessantly) about missing those days.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Since nobody saw fit to explain Jade, I'll do it. A group of people well known to many members of this forum decided to produce absinthe in the style of authentic Belle Epoch absinthe, and they call it Jade. It is not yet commercially available, but they intend for it to be. Tastings of the prototype products have been held all over the world and the product has been received enthusiastically by all who have tasted it.

As for Nephilim, he's somewhat of an underground legend and I don't think it hurts to mention the name, but when it comes to the absinthe associated with the name, I just wanted to let you know that it's as far as I know, a thing of the past that was deserving of its reputation, but unlike Jade was never intended to be, and never going to be available outside of a very small circle of people.
Oddgrimm
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

thank you all for the welcome. i think i shall like it here, cornflower blue icons and all. seems like a bit of a fight club, yes, at times. but i have enjoyed a good many messages already. even the rude one make me laugh. funny how some people take things so seriously.

and there are a few names i have already gathered it is best to not mention. but, i take things lightly always. but i'll only join the inner sanctum if there's free absinthes for the members! :=)
Robertsmith
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would like to personally thank your country for Sigur Ros, and Aqavit.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oddgrimm... how do you feel about cornflower blue icons?
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A yummy newbie! A real one ! No trace of green troll warts !

Welcome around.

We often talk about some absinthes that are not commercially available here... You'll get use to it.

And don't mind Pikkle, he's just our little monkey forum's pet.
Artemis
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll let somebody else deal with Jade.

Nephilim is not absinthe.

Nephilim was the forum name used by a person, a friend of mine, who was once a member of this forum. He has not been here for a long time and the last time I asked him about it, he no longer had any interest in it. Nor does he want the publicity that occasionally attends his name due to other people, including me, writing about him in the past.

I'm sure he would appreciate your appreciation of his pseudonym, though.

If you don't like some of the stuff you read here, please stick around. You'll learn to hate it later.
Oxygenee
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh my God! A genuine, sincere, apparently intelligent newcomer to the Forum. We should have him stuffed.

Welcome odd grimm!
Oddgrimm
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

góðan daginn

i am new around here and have spent some time this evening reading some threads. don't know about this trouble with some members and things, but it seems there is a lot of unrelated stuff all over the place. i very much enjoy some of the things i have read and not so much other stuff.

about me and my absinthe experience.
i am a painter from iceland. over in the states for a few months, maybe longer. travelling and visiting people and places. a lady from here -- states, i mean -- turned me onto absinthe about four years ago. she's from oregon, and i look forward to seeing her in a few weeks. where i am staying now in wisconsin, we have just received today an order from isuisse. the la fee is very good, i think. we have not opened either of the others.

my questions.
i have seen a reference to jade liquors and nephilim. i have not heard of these. could someone tell me, please? nephilim sounds exotic! i love the mythology of the nephilim, and even have played a french role-playing game of that name. thank you if anyone will share what they know with me.

i hope everyone is well and happy. and that the fee verte tickles everyone as nicely as she has for me. off to paint in the sunrise!

bless, odd grimm

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page