Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Kallisti's Kubler Review

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Kallisti's Kubler Review « Previous Next »

Admin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ha! and I need to look the word up each time.
Tabreaux
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is old news. Read the last paragraph of my review.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yay! I found it ....

Empyreuma \Em`py*reu"ma\ (?), n. [NL., from Gr. &?; a live coal covered with ashes, fr. &?; to set on fire, fr. &?;: cf. F. empyreume. See Empyreal.] (Chem.) The peculiar smell and taste arising from products of decomposition of animal or vegetable substances when burnt in close vessels. [
  -- web1913

thanks zman!
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Then only one bottle out of 4 will be bad (but still to be drunk at the next party). I guess I made a good move by ordering 2 F.Guy...
Aion
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfgang,

Pernod Pastis
- sugar
+ bitterness
-----------------
= Pernod 68 Absinthe

The Oxygenee might remind
you on the #19 HG.
At least the louche is almost
the same.

For me the F.Guy is the
best commercial absinthe
I tried so far.

A.

PS:
Why teleportation?
An absinthe pipe-line, that would be great.
An absinthe-pipe-line with an
endless and free flow of vintage Berger,
that is what I´m dreaming of.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How much for a teleportation shipping right there on my desk ?
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll do my homeworks too. Just ordered 2 F.Guy, 1 Oxy and 1 Pernod from Markus. That will help me to wait for the Hausgematche to age... Damn it's my first order in 8 months, I feal like a newbie again !

I first wanted to wait for Emile but It's too long so there it is, 2 Frank instead!

I know I probably won't like the new Pernod but I have to taste it and to put that bottle on the shelves !

I went for the fast shipping, let's see how fast it is...
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kallisi,
could you please send me a box of your shoe polish. Guess I love it!

°+°

Markus
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Empyreuma.
Albertcamus
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes I noticed a "wood" smell or something,but I liked it.I noticed that I seemed to drink Kubler to fast,it was very easy to drink.next thing I know nearly half the bottle was gone.So far I like kubler and Segarra the best.But there is still alot I havent tried.
Absinthesque2
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, as time has gone on I'm less fond of Kubler than I was at first -- though I still think it's not bad and superior to most Spanish. It mostly just sits on the shelf. Conversely, I would rate the Emile much higher than I did in my review. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Ian's Emile.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh fuck, someone farted, didn't they?>????
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

NO!

Now hush, before someone drops a polished burnt cookie elf on you, too!!
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

did someone say something?
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Burnt cookie shoe polish, eh?

Think maybe one of the Kubler elves fell in while polishing his shoe? Oh, wait, that's KEEBLER.

Still sounds better than Windex (Hill's) or that other brand that I said I would not bash for the rest of the week . . . you know, the Nasty ***** ******.

Since Burnt Cookie Shoe Polish is FAR from my favorite Ben & Jerry's Avante-Garde Ice Cream flavor, I think I'll be scratching Kubler off my to-do list.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He says no, I must abide by his wishes... what does this mean? Can you help????????? Ugh, he's just out of fucking corntrol!!!!!!!!
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

you distract him. get his attention by making loud sharp noise... and I'll just slip this collar around his neck.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FUCK YEAH... I'm a big fan of Kubler... no doubt, fuck all the sweetness... now, I mean now... fuck it in the ass with a broken bottle... big time... Head is photographing all my shit, what up wit dat???????????? Damn, Kallisti, get over here and control your minion!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

come over and you can drink mine. I'll just keep the bottle for the collection.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah... but... I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, with all the monkey bizness I thought I ought to do some homework and crank one out, here's my kubler review:

outa the bottle whiff: anise and ... and something a little weird. like a burnt cookie flavored shoe polish. don't recognize it. neat: only 45% so no intense burn. still that shoe polish flavor but the anise is less strong and there is a distinct bitterness. but it doesn't sit on the palate where artemisia usually does, sits right on the tip o the tongue and creeps its way slowly to the back, kinda like earwax. heh. definately no sugar. the melissa might be responsible for the shoe polish taste. eep. in water. it smells freakier. the same but hugely wafting. sip. eep. dominant something or other. but bitter, with a touch of anise. definately one of the bitterest comercial brands I've had, sans absinthe king et al. with water the artemisia is traveling to the usual part of my palate. definately a melissa over dose.

over all a strange product. not very well balanced and somethin' weird gone wrong in the brew. but interesting, and the first in it's commercial class.

nice label, however.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page