Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 06, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » The Inner Sanctum » Archive through June 06, 2002 « Previous Next »

Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yo snake-what would be a good price for a 1998 harley sportster with 1200 miles and in good shape?
Barsnake
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Huzzah!

hogs and quiches to the uber frau!

HEIL - Uber Frau!
Admin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going to proceed as is for the nonce. With a bit more uber frau management behind the scenes. and, if need be, up front.

due to some software glitchies (we know this software is none too perfect) there are some problems with setting up a completely private backroom. when the next version comes out and that bug is fixed, we will look at this issue again if things haven't changed.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So what's it to be Kallisti, an inner sanctum by invitation only, a back room for all who wish to frequent, application of a firmer hand, or just staying as we are?

The open posts on this thread do not seem show a majority in favour of an inner sanctum.

Personally I like Rabid's 'back room' idea.

Hobgoblin
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Snow Miser!

I'm Mister White Christmas
I'm Mister Snow
I'm Mister Icicle
I'm Mister Ten Below
Friends call me Snow Miser,
What ever I touch
Turns to snow in my clutch
I'm too much!

He's Mister White Christmas
He's Mister Snow

That's right!
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll frost something for you all right...
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the uber frau has already acted. game over. move along people.

Pikkle, pass me a frosty one.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We need a fucking putsch!!!! Beer for everyone!!!!!!
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti:

It seems that creating an Inner Sanctum may cause the loss of some members, who may decide (for whatever reasons) to remain here. And it will not be less work for you, you may end up having to police TWO Fora.

So my vote is for Uber-frau. Truly, I don't see your "police powers" having to be that dramatic. What's needed seems more "a tap in the shoulder" than Endlosung.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK.

You know those three guys from the Xfiles, the really geeky ones?

They were in my town. 'Whoa' I thought 'those are those three geeky guys that investigate the paranormal and shit.'

Being a vampire (in this dream) I decided it was my duty as an undead monster to, y'know, give em something to do.

They were really there because of some corporate/government biological experiment gone wrong sort of thing, but I didn't know that at the time.

So I just kept popping out of places with my hands hooked into claws and hissing. They would freak out and run, and I would follow em around town and do it again.

They really seemed kind of annoyed in a terrified, dammit there wasn't supposed to be a vampire this is a sci fi investigation kind of way.

Moving very quickly or being invisible were not among my vampiric powers, but they were very easy to sneak up on and I tried to give that 'came out of nowhere' impression. I didn't want them to be disappointed.

They kept whispering shit like "did you see it coming? Of course not, they can turn fucking invisible." And there I would be hiding behind a van, in plain sight if they would only have looked around.

So eventually I just kind of joined in the conversation for a minute, and then they realized who I was and one of them said "goddamnit, leave us alone, we're on an important investigation here!"

So I said "Oh. Right. Sorry. I guess that means I'm just going to have to drink your blood! HISS!"

Then they ran away again.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's good to hear what you say, Marc, especially as it comes from an artist's mouth.

Unfortunately, it's time for me to log off. Hope that tomorrow morning, there'll be more to read in this vein.

Buenas noches.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aw fuck it, let's just talk about gettin laid...
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

chevalier,

art can serve the creator. it can save his or her life. it can make you better person, a more interesting person. it can make you feel valueable.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"And it's been hard for me to read" THE HEAD PROPHECIES.

That's what I meant, and it made sense when my post followed Marc's. But on a restless day like this, there's many a post that pushed them apart.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I propose an on-topic homework assignment. I want everyone to write down and publish on this forum their absinthe induced dreams. I know for myself this happens quite often when having spent a night with the dear fairie that I'm wrought with some very vivid and highly unusual nocturnal visions and I'm sure I'm not alone... c'mon, this will be fun, creative and on topic... unless yer a pussy!
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And it's been hard for me to read. Sometimes I pick up a phrase here and there, and it sticks with me. Other times, the whole thing rolls off my back. No matter. Art doesn't "serve" the creator or the audience. It's there; either we dance with it or we don't.
Pikkle

She asked me to wear a pink thong from now on when posting... is this unusual?
Marccampbell

trainer,

I think kallisti has just done what you have suggested.
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even though it means passing up the golden opportunity to comment on Adam Sandler *shudder*, I will remain on-topic . . .

While I think it would be most wonderful if Kallisti had the time and inclination to review every post and ensure that they are always on-topic, I do believe that it is unfair to expect this. She's providing a forum at her own expense, free to us, and not even supported by those nifty ad banners; it's not appropriate to ask more and more from her.

Perhaps a more efficient means of handling unpleasantness would be to require that those posting stay on-topic with a thread, and that those who repeatedly post only to see their name in HTML or for purposes of senseless disruption be warned, suspended, and/or removed as needed.

I'm sure if Kallisti were receiving 5 or 6 complaints per day about particular people (rather than keeping her own little judgment log, a time-consuming process), she would feel justified in notifying them and asking them to straighten up and fly right. This would put those individuals on notice, without requiring Kallisti to spend all her time playing policeperson.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

never self-edit, big no no...
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

plus Mr. Chavalier, wresting any sort of kudos out of a misanthropic troll such as myself is a task unto itself... enjoy.
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been writing The Head Prophecies in an effort to sharpen my skills as a writer. I have absolutely no idea where the stuff I'm writng is coming from or where its going. Thats why I dig doing it. I am surprising myself constantly.
It really is automatic/trance writing. I barely do any editing (which should be pretty obvious)
because it disturbs the flow. I have to actually go back and read what I've written in order to found out what I've written. I am my own audience. I write songs in the same way. Its a process of self-discovery, an unfolding. Sometimes there a shards of brilliance in the work, at other times its nothing but bullshit. The important thing is to do it, to take the chance and see what happens.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Strange wiring. I really enjoy running into people like that. They don't give me much in an interactive way; I just like that they exist.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I once worked with man who was a genius at anything electrical... put him in a corner with a bunch of broken proximity limits and solenoids and he was in seventh heaven... but when it came to dealing with people, he absolutely sucked. His forte though was his ability to write reports... he would get so many thoughts ahead he'd merely scribe them as such and what came out was an incredibly amazing diatribe that had no apparent meaning except to him... I could only hope to be able to write a fraction as fucked up as this man did... it takes a special kind I suppose...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's true. It's amazing how art taps into what's behind, below and buried inside ... and how that tap creates more art in turn. It's INSPIRATION, and it really doesn't have much to do with our bill-paying, whatever-fearing lives.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page