Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Homeland Security

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Homeland Security « Previous Next »

Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, that was my thinking as well. Start saving your bucks.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Watch all the Betty-bashers are gonna end up having to buy from her if the homeland security effects absinthe imports, although I would assume it would effect her attempts to smuggle bottles in as well.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Nola, now you know why I feel much more comfortable ordering something with a banned food additive than I do attempting to distill alcohol at home. Aside from the much greater risk of exploding, there's the much greater penalty. I can deal with having a couple of bottles taken away, but not my house.

. . . and my experience with SC has been as good as Marc's. The shipment that was opened was the second attempt; during the holidays, shipping was via FedEx, and they wouldn't deliver any liquid without an import license. SC told me to refuse delivery and let them destroy it, and they promptly sent another as soon as the holidays passed. As with Marc, no questions asked, no hassles, just danged good, responsive customer service.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

I meant to say earlier that the story was classic and not that you lost your bottles...so, I'm glad to hear they were replaced. hehe - aromatherapy.

I shall remember the SC as a good company to work with. I need a good provider. I will keep my stories to myself as the experience has been a bit..uh..embarrasing.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Her shoes were sopping wet. She had no idea what the fuck was in the packages. I told her it was aromatherapy oils.

SC replaced all the broken bottles free of charge.
No questions asked. A great company to do business with.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ROTFL,

You've gotta be kidding...that is great! I would give anything for a picture of that.

I guess you didn't even have to invite her in for a sip as she'd had her fill.

Classic!
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I once received a shipment from SC. Out of 18 bottles, 12 were broken. The Fed Ex agent was saturated in absinthe. She smelled like an explosion in an anis factory.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Traineraz...Opened, Inspected, and sent off huh? You gotta love that. I guess you didn't have a customs agent at your door either...or do they even care about a bottle or two?
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

*YAWN* More Dubya rhetoric. Woohoo. I'd be more concerned if Big Dick were to pull his hand out of his Dubya Puppet and expect the Puppet to perform on his own.

See why you all should have voted for John McCain in the primary? At least HE has a BRAIN.

Getting back to the original topic:

I expect, if the USDA can open a shipment from SC and send it right along covered with "Opened and Inspected by US Department of Agriculture" tape(as they did with one of mine this January), that your green (or orange, if you prefer the Serpisicity) gold shipments will not likely run into any unusual trouble.

I doubt they'll be more likely than before to open packages that slosh.
Destiny
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, it's over folks - welcome to the USSA.
Brett
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have one word for you: STASI. Sure, it has its downfalls like a complete lack of privacy and individual rights and a long legacy of a brutal prison system, but it certainly was effective in stamping out even the mildest forms of terrorism in East Germany.

STASI. The choice of a New Generation.
Crowlyman
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He better not get re-elected. I might vote Democrat in the next election myself! (I'm a Libertarian: I'm not wasting my vote on the big two unless I HAVE to!)
Even if Clintonette runs.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll try not to worry as I've yet to get it outside of the U.S...Personally that is. I've been lucky that good friends have good connections and every birthday or holiday finds "Green" gifts all around.

Just thought GW's address was quite interesting. With only one stumble this time. Maybe he's trying his hand at the public speaking classes again.
Albertcamus
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

dont worry,you will still get your absinthe..
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did anyone see the Presidential address on Homeland Security? He mentioned a group of departments within this proposal and I wonder how this will affect Customs, as that was one mentioned. Added security for all incoming and outgoing items...Any comments?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page