Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Introducing Rudi

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Introducing Rudi « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 08, 2002Anatomist25 6-8-02  4:02 pm
Archive through June 08, 2002Anatomist25 6-8-02  10:16 pm
Archive through June 09, 2002Marccampbell25 6-9-02  2:24 am
Archive through June 09, 2002Anatomist25 6-9-02  6:24 pm
Archive through June 10, 2002Pikkle25 6-10-02  2:37 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What does it mean?

Tom Waits for no man.
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It means that you recognize that Kallisti takes good care of you, in spite of the company you keep.

It may also reflect that you are incredibly desperate for a man, or just have piss-poor taste . . . without knowing more about your personal situation, I can't be sure.

So speaks Rudi, the Jelly-Toe Cat, as transcribed by his Chosen Profit.
Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do you mean a sleeping dream or an "I Have A Dream..." dream?
Verawench
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had this dream... Ted Nugent, Tom Waits and I were sitting in a booth at Denny's. Kallisti was our waitress, she served us root beer and breakfast skillets.

What does it mean?
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a picture of my kitty.

Kitty
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hobgoblin

Please excuse me for hippifying you. I know I don't like it when it happens to me.

Wait, It's never happened to me. Well I know I wouldn't like it if it did.

Peace man.
Stay groovy.
Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Marc & Hobs:

If you haven't already, you should read "People Funny Boy" a new biography of Lee Scratch Perry by David Katz. The guy had been trying to get Scratch to collaborate on his life story with no luck, when suddenly Scratch called him and instructed him to bring 13 stones from the Thames. He brought them to Scratch and Scratch asked him what hand he wrote with. Katz held up his right hand and Scratch put a death's-head ring on his finger and said "Now you are my ghost writer."

The book is monumental -- it actually covers the whole of Jamaican music in far more detail than anything before. It is a must.

Ya know, Scratch still tours alot. I've seen him 4 times in the last few years.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A Godless Limey, OK!

Pardon me, but I'm off to experience a good fart. A pure and exhilarating experience.

Hobgoblin
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hobby's not a hippie at all... even worse, he's a limey!
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

here ya go boys, have at it:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/sust/2002/06/11/nuge/index.html
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mogan David,

"Excuse me, I didn't mean to call you a hippy. I guess Godless Hippy would be more accurate."

By all means call me Godless. Call me a Godless Marxist, a Godless Buddhist, even a Godless dimwit, but don't call me a Godless Hippy. By no stretch of the imagination could I be described as a Hippy.

Hobgoblin
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lee 'Scratch' Perry is definitely the Master of Reggae.
Destiny
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>> For short and long term health, the best bet is to eat as wide a variety of fresh, whole, unprocessed and less processed foods as possible, and avoid synthetic ones..."

A - We actually agree on something? This can't be right... no, no, no, I just can't take it... good-bye cruel world!!!!
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Let's go huffin baby!
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Inuit are a current example.

Most of the people who eat high-protein, high-fat diets are well-adapted to do so, and, in fact, tend to keel over from diabetes at 40 if given a standard Euro-American diet. The fats in their diet tend to come from fish and sea mammals, and seem to lack the artery-clogging qualities of your average cow. Nevertheless, Inuit eating a traditional diet do tend to suffer from micronutrient malnutrition, particularly hypocalcemia.

If you aren't an Inuit, I wouldn't advise trying that at home...
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Eek a Mouse used to play the Blind Pig where I worked years ago all the time...
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BJ,

Ketogenic diets weren't "designed". Many of the world's peoples have eaten them, probably since there has been a distinguishable human species. Inuit are a current example. They eat (ate until recently) shitloads of fat and had a thriving, vigourous, sustainable culture relative to the available resources. I'm sure they lived more vital lives than people suffering from b12 and protein deficiencies.

Personally, I wouldn't eat a ketotic or a vegan diet. As a fitness professional and general advocate for taking better care of one's health, I don't advocate restricting ANY legitimate type of food from the diet. Current knowledge of nutrition isn't any more complete than it was in the 1950's or the 1850's. There are undoubtedly many elements in food that are not yet known, or the nutritional roles of which are not yet understood - particularly in terms of long-term immune health and disease prevention. Cutting out a whole category of food seems foolish, particularly if one has to resort to complicated finagling and processed supplements to shore up the KNOWN deficiency problems with the scheme. For short and long term health, the best bet is to eat as wide a variety of fresh, whole, unprocessed and less processed foods as possible, and avoid synthetic ones like trans-fats, pesticides, artificial colorings and "Olestra": intelligent omnivory.

K.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Before the Dietary Hijackers returned, Tort said:

"You are worse than a Red Cross CEO cutting in on donations. Where were you when Rudi was homeless living at PetCo? Where were you when the $75 adoption fee had to paid? where are you now that the little fellar has a cold?"

Prior to his Ascension from the Pits of PetCo, Rudi had not yet begun his own walk along the Path of Jelly; therefore, I could not yet have been Chosen as his Profit.

I certainly would not "cut into" donations. All funds received will either be distributed for the support of Rudi, the Jelly-Toe Cat, (25%, or more if needed to help pay Tort's mortgage and support Rudi in the style to which he should be accustomed) or for the building of the ministry . . . Preparing materials for publication, establishing websites, paying the Chosen Profit's mortgage, filming infomercials, etc.

Rudi's cold is an attempt by the Great Conspiracy of Major Religions to silence him and prevent the rise of Jelly-Toeism. They know that, a thousand years hence, their churches, mosques, synagogues, etc. will all have been converted to Toeist Temples. Rudi will surpass this obstacle with ease.

I doubt that Rudi appreciates your questioning the good intentions of his Chosen Profit. You may note that he seems a little ticked at you today, but he will no doubt soon forgive your all-too-human suspicions.

"why am I up this late?"

Because you are pondering the implications of Jelly-Toeism, of course. Aren't we all?
Destiny
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A - Do whatever you want. Continue masturbating to Muscle & Fitness and eating your daily quota of gator burgers and possum pie. You obviously know everything - I guess an ignorant "rube" like me just can't compete with someone as sophisticated and educated as yourself (must be my lack of B-12.)

Ya gits some learnin' and indoor plumbin' and now ya thinks yer a fancy city slicker...
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Meat addiction is one of two things that is killing the planet, the other being fossil fuel addiction."

Bullshit. Humans aren't capable of killing the planet. If we detonated and leaked every toxic, radioactive, destructive thing we have all at once, it wouldn't even come close to killing all life on the planet, and the geological effects would be trifling. We are tiny little insignificant nothings in the history of this planet, and we'll probably be gone damn soon. As far as perpetuating the reign of humans or even mammals, lots of luck with that. A large meteor, an ice age, a mutated disease, even very ordinary fluctuations in planetary climate could come anytime and wipe up us out in a way that we could do nothing more to stop than we did to preciptate it.

"But I enjoy not being part of the problem, or at least not as big a part of the problem. And I think it's the implication that you're a bigger part of the problem than other people that pushes your buttons, am I right?"

You pretty much summed it up, although not in the way that you think. It's the hypocrisy behind this sentiment that pisses me off. Whether you eat meat or not or use styrofoam or not doesn't exempt you from anything, and doesn't afford you any kind of righteous perch. You enjoy the benefits of suffering and death and waste the same as the rest of us. "Vegetarianism" or using up a tad less gas are insignificant symbolic acts, and nothing to hang over other people's heads.

K.
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess she's seen "Harry Potter"? Professor Snape?
Baz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm letting the little 'un name him. She hasn't decided yet but she is leaning toward snape. (I know, but she's 11-give her a break)

I prefer lucky or leonardo
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Baz, that's cool...What's the little tyke's name?

New thread coming...
Baz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I walked down to the lake the other night and took the old boat out for a spin. Went to the local lodge, to the dam, then just stopped to drift and look at the stars. As I drifted and listened to the waves throw themselves at my little boat, I heard a cry. I couldn't see anything at first, so I shined the spotlight toward the sound. A little black kitten, maybe six weeks old, was floating in the middle of that enormous expanse of water. He had a respiratory infection, and goo coming out of his eyes. Little bugger now chases my ferret all around the house, and they are both happier for it.

On the subject of reggae, does anybody here know how Tiger's recovery is coming along? When I was in Jamaica last year, I was told that he wasn't doing very well.
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

If you want to go further into the science, there is plenty of evidence that a ketotic diet consisting of nothing but meat is healthier than a vegan diet.

I'll call bullshit on that. Ketogenic diets were designed specifically to rob the brain of glycogen in order to slow its electrical activity and prevent epileptic seizures. The brain cannot metabolize protein or fat eficiently for energy; it needs carbohydrates.

In addition, these diets are a tremendous strain on the kidneys and unless you are eating only lean meats, they present all the hazards of any high-saturated-fat diet.

Not, the whole ketogenic-diet craze is a perfect example of American thinking: it allows you to lose weight without any will-power, but is probably worse for you than just outright starving yourself. "I don't care if I'm healthy as long as I'm thin..."

It is possible to eat meat and be healthy, but eating ONLY meat is asking for trouble. And scurvy.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oooh, don't some people get hot under the collar.

I sort of studiously avoid getting into these dietary discussions, but point of fact: people don't eat meat for all sorts of reasons, some scientific (or not so), some health-related, some related to their love of other creatures with faces.

Meat addiction is one of two things that is killing the planet, the other being fossil fuel addiction. In fact, the two go hand in hand, as embodied in that ultimate symbol of bad cuisine, bad urban planning and (usually) hideous architecture: the drive-through hamburger joint.

That's my reason, the short version, anyway. I'm not into being mean to animals either, but I do think it's possible to use them for food or clothing in a respectful and sustainable way. The problem is, this usually just isn't done. It costs too much.

It has nothing to do with whether I "deserve" to enjoy meat or not. The people who come after me "deserve" a planet that's inhabitable. Even small efforts toward ensuring that future are useful and laudable.

I'm eagerly awaiting some bullying response along the lines of: "Well, you and a handful of frizzy-haired vegans aren't going to solve the problem..."

Oh, of course not. But I enjoy not being part of the problem, or at least not as big a part of the problem. And I think it's the implication that you're a bigger part of the problem than other people that pushes your buttons, am I right?
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

WOW - ketotic Diet - http://www.jesus-diet.com/ketoticfatfasting.htm

This is Hilariou…er…interesting. So, Jesus’ Diet for your sins!!!!

Urine and more! – Fun for all!
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Destiny,

Science my ass. All your arguments are post-hoc rationalizations for the fact that you have an adverse emotional reaction to the idea of cute little animals being killed. While there is plenty of scientific evidence to support health benefits to a 'vegetarian' diet vs. the typical American diet, a diverse diet with moderate amounts of meat and other animal products in it is nutritionally superior, and less trouble to follow. A vegan diet leads one into malnutrition trouble with deficiencies of protein, lyseine, zinc, and B12, just for starters. The only known bioavailable source of b12 besides animal products is in specific yeast cultures. To avoid malnutrition, people add back in milk, eggs, and fish, yet still call it 'vegetarian'... whatever. You piss on my head with your invocation of the KKK and tell me it's raining... whatever.

Strength training is not just for muscleheads, it's something many people engage in for improvements in health, recreation, and appearance. Most people should engage in it to avoid osteoporosis, sarcopenia, and joint degeneration as they age. Most people like to get the most from their workout efforts. In order to get optimal results from one's efforts, one needs to get around .8 grams protein/pound of bodyweight - due to the inferior bioavailability of vegetable protein, if most comes from non-animal sources, up that to 1 gram per pound. To get this on a vegan diet without excess calories, this means eating vast quantities of beans (for men: not soybeans, which contain biologically active estrogen compounds), concentrated wheat gluten, and nuts. Add milk to the diet, and it means, most likely you can break up your world of relentless beany flatulence with loads of cottage cheese and skim milk. Most people don't enjoy monotonous diets.

If you want to go further into the science, there is plenty of evidence that a ketotic diet consisting of nothing but meat is healthier than a vegan diet. But, you don't want to go into science. Two of the few vaguely scientific claims you made were false: that animal proteins are difficult to digest, and that sea plants are a useable B12 source. Enjoy your well worn video of Bambi all you want, but don't wrap up your emotional prejudices in a scientifical cloak when educated people are around.

K.
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Tosh was great...But, did anyone ever get into EEK A MOUSE? Now that was wild back in the 80's. Getting smashed and tripping out to Mr. Patua (sp?) himself.

"Early, early sunday morning, der was a big ganja smug-go-lee-eeng"
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 5:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

believe it or not it was my father who turned me on to reggae... when he wasn't turned on to Archie Bunker... he was big into Peter Tosh...
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

pikkle,

Toots is cool.

My favorite reggae artist is the stone freak
LEE "THE UPSETTER" PERRY.
Gettingsane
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

THE SKA

that that are very rarely in a short while I move onto the child in you in any kind of style that so absinthe

cause that are are you no ska so I give of loving kindness to the crowd so that visual stimulate subconscience they that you know so common in levels I dont think that you know cause

SHES OUT THERE

so that that so are proliferate out there
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Double post
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Triple post
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhhhhh fuck this anyway!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page