Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 07, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Ok.... » Archive through June 07, 2002 « Previous Next »

_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One thing to keep in mind is that, in the present climate, something doesn't actually have to be illegal in order for the gub'ment to fuck up your life over it. The prevailing interpretation of the forfeiture statutes basically allow the government to take your property without ever bringing charges, and the language of many of the drug statutes includes references to analogues and isomers, meaning they can bust people for having drugs which aren't specifically scheduled.

And the language of the "emergency" scheduling of GHB (which bypassed established procedures and scientific review) essentially renders posession of beef, which contains GHB in measurable quantities, a felony.

There is no logic, rhyme or reason to be found in our drug laws, and if the government decides they don't like something, the fact that it is "technically legal" isn't going to save you.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, no more drugs for me...The soap box is about to crumble.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

AH Haaaa...Education. This is hard to achieve in certain parts of the South. Education depends on discipline and you can't discipline certian cultures without harsh implications.

"much deeper issues" YES - Culture today is close to none. Divorce is One in every two. America is spoiled. I mean what other country makes up their own disease - Anorexia? Racial confusion...I could go on and on. We need to bring back the traditional ways or at least try to teach them again. In my opinion.
Crowlyman
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The modern drug culture just plain sucks. It used to be to help one in life in one way or another. To find the paths in a sense. No the kiddies just think it's cool to get fucked up and fail out of school. I use certain things for a purpose, not for escape or the 'coolness' factor. I don't brag that I have had absinthe (not that many people really know what it is anyhow) or that once I took mushrooms and somehow found my way out of the downward spiral that I felt my life was (suicidal- after the trip I suddenly had NO desire to end my life. I still believe that psyche trip is why I am alive today.)
To me it truly is shamanistic (if I can be trite).
The kiddies aren't taught how to use certain things. They just go for what fucks them up the most for the longest. So, if you notice a young adult wanting to head down a path of abuse try to teach him/her about responisible use if anything. I realise there are usually much deeper issues regarding mind-altering compounds, but in my experience, one who wants to try it will. It just comes down to education.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

erowid is very responsible in terms of warning people about the hazards of some of the newer
tryptamines and other chemicals. Its also an important source of info regarding dosage. I think its a good thing to have a place where this kind of information is available. Better that people be informed about what they're ingesting, than just taking stuff blindly.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes it is, the Erowid moderator(s) have done a good job ... but the downfalls of modern rave culture, the "it's so cool to do drugs" crowd, have polluted the site.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

its still a good source for information regarding the legality of psychoactive plants and chemicals.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love all the erowid freaks who buy dried crushed wormwood and mix it with absolute, let it sit for a week, choke it down, vomit, then write a review about how 'absinthe' tastes like "liquid dog shit".
Wormwood
Posted on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stupidity on that site is not only confined to the absinthe section.

I don't use drugs myself but I find it funny sometimes what people will ingest to get high.

"If you coat a peyote cactus with oil of wormwood and shove it up your ass you can stay high for weeks". -P.S. Erowid fans, don't try that one at home, it was only a joke.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I did read on a website about someone who drank oil of wormwood and ended up with seizures and damaging his stomach lining . . . of course, I wouldn't drink oil of PEPPERMINT straight, much less oil of wormwood!

Gotta thin the herd somehow, I guess.
Crowlyman
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah like the guy that made a wormwood extract and smoked it and said that he was high for a month or whatever the deal was.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yea-
I used to think that place was great, but it has a good deal of wishful misinformation.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would be carefull with Erowid...If you look at the absinthe section, there's a lot of stupidity there too.
Baz
Posted on Thursday, June 6, 2002 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The illegal is USUALLY better, but not always. San Pedro can have a wonderful effect, but is a true pain in the ass. By the time you peel it, you're probably going to be tired of it. But, some consider preparing it a part of the ritual. Those people are also the ones that consider barfing a part of the ritual. Just takes proper planning, respect, and a willingness to accept what you've done if it goes south on you.

As for the legal stuff in general, the only warnings I would give based on my own experience would be against fly agaric. I don't care what anyone says, that stuff can knock yer ass off.

Has anyone used jimson weed? I can't imagine doing it to myself! stories and trip reports are scary.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

did someone say something???
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, but have you tried SMOKING it?

We await your roll-and-toke review.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
String
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I planted 3 4" pots of Artemisia absinthium a little over a year ago. Now the stuff is taking over my herb garden. Its alot more ornimental than I thought it would be.
Chewing on just a small leaf numbs my whole mouth for about 10 minutes. The really bitter taste goes away after a few seconds then it taste a litte bit like absinthe.
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For that matter, you can get Artemisia absinthium at your local nursery. The plant's legal, and a wonderful grey-green foliage plant in a border or flowering shrub grouping.

So are opium poppies (legal, not a wonderful grey-green foliage plant), as long as you're not slitting the stems and collecting that sweet, sweet sap.
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been on erowid nonstop since i posted...alot of info there!

thanx guys
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowlyman:

What we have here are not loopholes, but total surrealism.

The San Pedro cactus contains mescaline, a Schedule I drug. Is it illegal, then? Yes or no.

If you have it as a decorative plant, it's legal to posess. However, if you have in your house a book describing its possible illegal use, then it is illegal to posess. Clear?

Of course not! It's not supposed to be clear!

The ayahuasca vine does not contain any illegal substance and it's not psychoactive, either. It's only in combination with other plant/s that it has an effect.

Erowid or Lyceaum have tons of info.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just huff man... buck forty a gallon and a bag, you can't beat that!

pikkle: The pride of Nunavut!
Marccampbell
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

go to Erowid. They'll tell whats legal and what ain't.

San Pedro cactus is legal. So is ayahuasca.
There both a pain in the ass to deal with.
Alot of work for little result.
You're better off sticking with the illegal shit. Its illegal for a reason. it works.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

no
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...I know you guys hate this sort of thing, but here goes...How is that certain sites can sell entheogen containing plants from within the USA? I was just surfing a site and it was selling san pedro cactus and ayahusca vine!! This isnt a one shot thing either, I have seen it many times...is there a law loophole that I have not yet been made aware? Also, is there somewhere that I can check the legality of certain plants?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page