Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Newbie - with a SC shipment question

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Archive Thru June 2002 » Newbie - with a SC shipment question « Previous Next »

Baz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It seems like everybody's first order does this. Until that first package arrives, there just isn't a trail of bread crumbs to follow.
Iulibraryguy
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That would not surprise me except that I have received many packages (which may encounter customs difficulties)from spain via regular mail in much less time than this. Honestly, I'm just writing off the whole thing - so much for trying the green liquid.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nono...they put it in a bottle and throw it in the sea... Huuu...well...good luck !
Iulibraryguy
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for all your input. I understand and appreciate all the good words you've put in for SC and cristina in particular. It is just a little frustrating that I've been waiting almost 8 weeks and all I hear from SC is 'just wait a few more days'. I guess "regular mail" means "sent by raft" in spanish.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Mr. BJ . . . Can I quote you on that?
Nascentvirion
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dont worry my first shipment with SC got lost. I waited for over a month. They replaced the shipment and it got here in 6 days time. They are really good to deal with, you will get your absinthe. They are very responsive with emails, and they will take care of everything. Good Luck and I'm sure you will be toasting soon.
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

\ quote { quotedstuff }

Except you leave out the spaces.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . whereas that Nasty Sebor Strong tastes much like what I imagine one might encounter in a tiny little outhouse in the woods . . . SMURF piss. Just add some blue food coloring.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How do you do that nifty quoting thing, I must have missed that in the instructions.

Lack of Serpisicity can lead to misspellings of Serpis.

Just remember, it sounds like something one might encounter in an S/M sex club, "Sir piss."
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Serpsis

Is that what hapens when Serpis gets infected?
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the waiting is the hardest part...
Iulibraryguy
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information everyone. I suppose I am a little impatient. I also don't remember if I opted for regular mail or not. The reason I went with SC is the laudatory threads here about the place. By the way for my first order I opted for Deva and Serpsis (Spelling?). Any thoughts on these?
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okely dokely, thanks :)
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.lafeeverte.de/

(click on shop and then on international customer)
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who's this Markus I keep hearing about, anyway?
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm glad I paid an extra 25Euro to Markus to get my package faster...but I better get it soon ! They say one week to America and I started my chronometer as soon as I got confirmation of my payment...tic tac tic tac... Lets see...

I understand you Mr. Don2, I'm a damn impatient kind of guy myself. I've not done business with SC recently but they have always been reliable so you should get it no problem.

Good luck
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don2 - If you opted for "regular" mail instead of airmail to save about six bucks (I made the same mistake), Cristina should have told you that it would take several weeks, instead of the usual 7-10 days.

Be patient, stay in touch with Cristina, and don't worry. She'll do right by you.
Baz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

for other raves about their return policy, see the homeland security thread
Baz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

they replaced on of mine once. My first order. It was an eternal wait. OK. actually only a coupla months. But they WILL "do ya up right"
Admin
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

do not worry, if you do not receive it, and it has been lost or whatever, SC will replace it.
Iulibraryguy
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks.

I've emailed Christina a few times and while she has been exceedingly polite she keeps saying (in effect) give it a little more time.

As I am new to bringing Absinthe into the country - does customs, USDA, etc. stop shipments (it was 2 bottles)? Typically, what does SC do in a case like this? I'm not upset or anything I just was wondering what my options are.

Again, thanks for any help/suggestions.

Don
Admin
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

that is unusual. email cristina or any of the folks immediately at spiritscorner.com and they will take care of you.
Iulibraryguy
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello. My name is Don (I understand there is another Don with a somewhat imfamous trail of messages so I guess I can go by Don2). Anyway I am new to the world of Absinthe. I placed an order with Christina at SC in the end of April and have to receive it (in the EST time zone). Is this unusual?

I don't want any confidential data on delivery/ packing methods as I don't want to "out" any vital information.

Thanks for your help.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page