Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A belated introduction

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » A belated introduction « Previous Next »

Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

huh, huh, huh... you said "two hooters".

Welcome Scott, if I quit my job can I camp out on your ten acres?
Baz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

HEY-
Where's the barbed wire?
Scottagee
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No crime out where I live. I live pretty deep into the country about 45 minutes from Birmingham. Now there are places in B'ham that if you go into without a gun they will give you one. I am surrounded by woods and live on 10 acres. Crime around here happens between the animals I guess.

Hot wings we have. Two Hooters locations in and around B'ham. Hot wings and cold beer after a long day at the golf course make for a fine afternoon.
Albertcamus
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love hot wings!
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Scott,
Glad to have ya...I hope to have a NOLA gathering one day myself.

So, how's the crime in BAMA? (in accordance with other threads)
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Scott -

Welcome! Don't mind Pikkle, he's always like that. Too much huffing, methinks.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You pussball... just jump right in, we'll carve you up nicely... (the vegetarians just do it for sport but the rest of us will make a nice stir fry out of what's left.)
Scottagee
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good afternoon,

At least here in Alabama it's afternoon. I just wanted to introduce myself after a very long period of lurking. I have tried to answer a couple of questions on subjects I knew about but didn't feel qualified to be a regular poster with no first hand knowledge of absinthe. Now thanks to Markus I have had a taste or 3 and figure I'll stick around. I ordered up some Deva and F.Guy. I got the Deva because I think everyone here has tasted it and I wanted to compare notes. Most seemed to think the Guy was a very good commercial brand so I got it too.

My name is Scott and I have lurked here since well before the NOLA tasting. I really wanted to make that as New Orleans is my favorite big city but I just couldn't get away that weekend. Maybe when Jade is released there will be another one. I enjoy many things about this forum but none more than the international flavor it presents. I find it refreshing to get viewpoints from so many parts of the world. I have also learned a lot about absinthe over the past couple of years. I enjoyed the single Marc released for download last spring. BTW do you still intend to back that with an album? As for bad points I prefer to simply skip over things that I know irritate me. I am a live and let live kind of guy.

I am an equal opportunity drinker. I love good southern whiskey both bourbon and sour mash. I have a long standing love affair with Crown Royal. I have been known to mix up a large container of silk boxers on ice for an afternoon on the lake. I am a huge music and movie lover. I have far more money invested in my stereo/home theater than I do in computers and software. Not really much of a television watcher other than racing.

Thanks to Kallisti for providing this place. It's quite a nice escape for a while during a busy day.

Scott Agee

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page