Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 10, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Jade vs. La Bleue » Archive through June 10, 2002 « Previous Next »

Verawench
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit. I'm drunk too, I guess.
Verawench
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Awwwww, looks just like one of mine.

Pusia sleeps (actual position):
pusia
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, look two posts behind (below?) mine.
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Call PETA. It looks like someone shoved a tail up that cat's ass.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ordinaire must be drunk. He's wandered into the wrong thread.

how many fucking cat threads are there going to be?

I hate cats.

Inner Sanctum, now more than ever!
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Sorry, I was compelled to type that by the Power of Rudi, the Jelly-Toe Cat."

Praise be to Rudi, the Jelly-Toe Cat. He is all-knowing, all-seeing, and all assholes cower under his gaze.

Can the Feline that owns me, the great Osama-Bin-Kitty, be his Avenging Angel?

This is Osama in one of his murdering rages...

Osama
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's Rectumfried!
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think an analgram is what you have when you rearrange the letters, and realize the author is an asshole.

Sorry, I was compelled to type that by the Power of Rudi, the Jelly-Toe Cat.
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

It's an analgram.

Is that anything like a mamagram?
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What I've tasted of LaFee doesn't compare at all (as in *not at all*) with what I've tasted from Jade.

LaFee is like a good Deva. Better than many spanish but it's far from the Holy Grail. I only had two glass from a mini bottle so I'll re-taste it at the NY GT to confirm my review if there's some over there but up to now, I'm un-impress.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 5:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, no, LL, it's not what it seems to be. You have to re-arrange the letters.

It's an analgram.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 5:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank god GoneInsane is back to lend shed some enlightenment on things.
Gettingsane
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

SO YOU ARE YOU ALIVE OUT THERE

SO MR MOJO RISIN
THAT WAS A MORRISON QUOTE
WERE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS

THAT THAT THAT SO ARE THEY THAT YOU KNOW SO
IN YOU IN ANY KIND OF STYLE ARE OBVIOUS ARE YOU
NO SO BLIND THAT THAT YOU KNOW SO AFTER LIFE AND LIVING I SEE SO THAT YOU KNOW SO THE FELLAS ARE YOU SO SURE IVE GOT TO GUZZLE SO AND ILL GUZZLE SO GETTING TO SEE SO ABSENT

SO SURE I DONT THINK THAT YOU KNOW CAUSE THE SIBLINGS ARE SO ARE THAT YOU KNOW SO PERPETUAL UPSTAIRS PROPER
SUCH LAS VEGAS TAOS SCHMACK
VERY COMEDIC BANTER SO OUT THERE
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

But my dad's a Mason, and my mom's Order of the Eastern Star, doesn't that grant me automatic entry?

Of course, my being Divinely Chosen Profit of the New World Religion COULD offend the Established Order . . . but how could I possibly refuse such a calling?
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hush now! You're not part of the "inner circle" The forum Illuminati have not deemed you worthy... bide your time, pay your dues and say lot's of nice things about those from whose labors you may be rewarded... or something.
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You'll probably get it the same day i get mine - NEVER!

:-(
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds delightful. Where's my sample? I look in the mailbox every day, yet it has not arrived. [sniff]
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

nascentvirion,

La Bleue has a strong anise taste. Jade does not. In Jade, anise is just one of many flavors. It doesn not dominate.
Abschristmas
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, could you e-mail me at my forum address?
Ben
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Like think of all the bugs and deer shit in that meadow... please, let's clean it up a bit!
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Destiny,

yeah, the "mountain meadow" imagery implies alot without saying much. I was trying to suggest the wonderful range of floral and herbal flavors in Jade.
Destiny
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>> "."..is like pouring a mountain meadow in your mouth."

Funny how this statement is both beautiful and scary.

Can't wait until I can do my very own Jade taste-test - I'm so curious to see how it's flavor compares to what I've tried. Your comments on LaFee make me all the more curious. I sincerely believe that I can taste the coloring much more than any other brand that I've tried. Perhaps it's just being masked by the extra anise in the other brands?

Is this a recent version of Jade?
Nascentvirion
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am wondering how much of anise is in Jade & La Bleue ? Is it overpowering or suttle ?
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Furthering my experiment, I have just poured myself a glass of La Fee. La Fee has been getting a bad rap as of late in the forum. It is undeserved.
While not as complex as Jade, it holds its own against La Bleue. La Fee is worthy of more respect than it gets. La Bleue's
mythic stature is probably more hype than reality.
If you believe that La Bleue is the Holy Grail, then you probably believe that Jim Morrison is alive and living in Paris.
Marccampbell
Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just drank a glass of La Bleue followed by one of Jade. While La Bleue is definitely a classy absinthe, Jade is just so much more sublime.
I don't know what number of La Bleue I drank (I have several different bottles of La Bleue and I don't know which is which and I really believe that numbering the different La Bleues is a bullshit marketing plow), but compared to Jade, La Bleue
its one dimensional. As La Bleue unfolds in the mouth, it has few stories to tell. It is superior to the Spanish stuff, but it lacks a defining character. Whether its #1,2,3 or 4, La Bleue is big on anise and short on complexity. Jade, on the other hand, is like pouring a mountain meadow in your mouth. It has a wonderful range of flavors and sensations, it is bitter, sweet, spicy, earthy and yet elegant. The spicy elements start on the tongue and work their way up into your nose and sinuses. This is a good thing. Like a light dose of wasabi. You know the feeling. Your senses open up, come alive. I really love Jade. Five years ago, when I first started to drink absinthe, I did so because I was hoping for some kind of psychedelic experience. When that didn't come to pass, I continued to drink it because I was an admirer of its history. But, over the years, I stopped drinking the Green Fairy and continued drinking good wine. Jade has revived my interest in absinthe, not as a mystical beverage, but as a wonderfully captivating drink. And just between me and you,
it does seem subtlely psychedelic.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page