Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mon Dieu!!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Mon Dieu!! « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd still rather have the Philabaum art glass fountain.

. . . and one of the three identical ballrooms would be in ruins, candlelight only, no electricity, and the only thing that would work would be the Philabaum absinthe fountain, which, oddly enough, would have an unlimited supply of ice water . . .No visible mechanicals, of course, but it would be simple enough to construct!
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chev,

There'd be no opening my castle to the public for tours. As well as restoring a Norman castle I'd also be restoring their way of life. The local population will be paying me 'taxes' or else they'll have their property burnt down or be put to the sword.

Hobgoblin
Chrysippvs
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think our friend has eyes on making copies of this wonderful fountain. He knows that 7500 EU is worth it if he can peddle fakes for 1/3 third that...

- J
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

At 600$ I'll buy the vintage anytime.
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Geeze Harry, what they say is true. Great minds really do think alike. ;-)
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can't I have both?

Really though, I can tell you're not infected with the illness. There have been plenty of times I've passed up the chance to buy drinks so that I could buy things to drink what I didn't have out of.

The vintage Pernod would be very tempting.
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I want both. If you can get vintage for $600, let me know.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Etienne, wouldn't you rather have an unlimited supply of turn-of-the-century recipe absinthe at $30 a bottle than one or two bottles of vintage Pernod for $600 each?
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Older ain't necessarily better"

What!!??? Bite your tongue!
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

:..-(
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No you wouldn't be. With that kind of coin, I could employ Frenchman Phil as my full time procurer.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And I'd sell it to you!
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd buy the Terminus fountain!
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, did I forget to mention that I would also finance the pro-absinthe lobby in the U.S.?

. . . and then become a silent partner in the large-scale production of Jade, of course.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would pay exagerated amouth of money on absinthe related items, including of course vintages bottles. I would also pay exagerated amouth of money for a medieval castle and for a big copper still to install in the alchimist`s room...

Sorry guys, I would be the asshole winning all the bids...

Oxy and all, I understand your passion and wish you good luck with this nice auction, even if I don`t have the fortune to follow you.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, and I'd have a wet bar in each of the billiard and ball rooms, each with a four-spigot absinthe fountain created by Tom Philabaum.

Since the rooms would be identical in every other respect -- to aid in the confuzzlification of the guests -- it makes sense that the fountains should be identical. Or maybe not, to make it more confuzzilizing? They could be the ONE thing different.
Cheri
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd go food shopping without coupons..
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I'd buy that golf course and turn it into a private estate, using those rolling hills to create a ruinesque Renaissance-style folly garden merged with a stark, modern space, brutal in its juxtaposition with the views of lush Goth-ish ruins which modern earthworks and hardscape would frame.

In some areas, a smooth transition between the styles would occur, blending heavily across the division; in others, a sharp line of demarcation stressing the contrast.

The mansion (no, not a house, a MANSION of at least 175 rooms) would be situated somewhere on the dividing line between the two styles. The structure itself would be divided between the modern and the eighteenth-century ruin, merging the two into a bizarre and surreal maze, designed to confuse and disturb the visitor. (The host is already sufficiently disturbed.) Like the Winchester mansion, only bigger and designed to confuse humans, not ghosties.

Following my death, the property would already have been designed for use as a tourist attraction, helping to ensure this wondrous structure's preservation for the enjoyment and insanification of future generations.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If it weren't for the damn taxes! Sooner or later, you'd be forced to open it up for tours. Then taxes would go up, and you'd have to turn it into a bed-and-breakfast, or a clubhouse for a golf course.
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd move in with Hob.

(scoot over)
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd buy a pre-medieval castle, have it fully restored to it's former glory (compromising of course with the introduction of electricit, running water and a flushing toilet) and live in it.

Hobgoblin
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just curious, what would you do if you had Bill Gates' wealth? (Of course, after the charity and good-deeds.) - Would you succumb to any expensive pleasures? Perhaps reunite ABBA to play while you bathed in Evian?
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You gotta love this business. The current high bidder, ďabsinthemaniaĒ, is known for his nasty habit of selling counterfeit absinthiana. Heís even made his feedback rating page private: you and I canít see it because itís full of negative feedback. I wonder when the Mafia got into the absinthe collectibles racket?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I had $7500 dollars to spare I'd just carry on using a pyrex jug to pour my water, it's done me fine up to now. Anyone who spends that money on an absinthe fountain is seriously deranged.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OUCH!

If I had $7500, I'd just have a modern one made! Older ain't necessarily better.

Better yet, I'd go get the refrigerator jug from Target, and still have $7475 left over.

I know, I'm a ritual-dissin' heathen.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

they only come out at night...
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes?
Oxygenee
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2112020969

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page