Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe Bread Pudding and other exci...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Absinthe Bread Pudding and other exciting recipes « Previous Next »

Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, the bread pudding lives on anyway!
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, I do believe it was indeed Emiliano's bread pudding recipe from last year's Bastille Day picnic that you're referring to. As I was at that fete, I sampled a bit of it. I generally had never been much of a fan of bread pudding in the past, but this stuff he made was divine.

I think I got drunk off of it, too.

Traineraz, just a small note: it wasn't a few weeks back, but nearly a year! Unlike over here in the Absinthe forum, where a conversation thread can generate so much talk that it starts kicking into the archive process within hours, the Suffering is Hip forum has always moved slowly and erratically, and months sometimes go by in between some thread's posts/replies. So it's probably always best to take a quick glance at the YEAR also on posts over there before assuming how current they are .... heh.
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a Kick Ass Oyster Rockefeller Soup recipe with Herbsaint as an ingredient, but obviously it can be substituted.

This recipe and more will be on my new "Absinthe" website in the near future.
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I made come Cincinnati Chili the other day with the La Fee left in my flask from the night before. Quite tasty. Unfortately, like all my cooking, it was an improvisational exercise which will take several attempts to reproduce.
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

there are two important things to remember when making bread pudding, one: use the stalest bread possible it will soak up more liquid that way , two: head's right, soaking is key, when i make mine i soak my bread at least overnight... i haven't tried absinthe in my bread pudding but i may have to experiment at work with it...
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Didn't Emiliano (what ever happened to him?) make up an absinthe bread pudding for a gathering in San Francisco last year? Bastille Day, maybe?
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, the slosh added a little something to the fudge . . .
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...and soaking is the key, so as not to burn off the good stuff.
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pernod, Herbsaint, Absente(Not CHEAP!), if there's a "Beverages and More" near you, you can find something there.

...and please, please, please!!! Keep that stuff away from your fudge.
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A few weeks back, someone posted a recipe for absinthe bread pudding over on the SiH forum. It required 1/2 cup Deva and 3/4 cup Segarra, or vice versa.

While the idea sounds tempting (I did actually toss a small slosh of Deva into my fudge), I can't avoid thinking about the expense. The alcohol boils off during cooking, so all that's left is a very expensive flavoring.

Since I'm not a victim of the accursed TooMuchMoneyitis (PLEEEEEEZE WHERE CAN I SIGN UP??), I wonder if there is a flavorful, locally-available, CHEAP pastis that could be used for these delightful cooking experiments.

Any recommendations?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page