Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mmm...foreign candy...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru June 2002 » Mmm...foreign candy... « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

uh... this was like in 1991 so I have no clue...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I was in Nyhaven years ago at a bar along the docks... the bar owner mixed up some sort of licorice powder with a fifth of aquavit... it was very sweet but no overpoweringly so and you drank it neat...

I think that was that absinthe essence stuff I saw online for $9.95 and got yelled at for mentioning!

That, or powdered Twizzlers.
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

""Double Zout". It it very salty and tastes like ammonia"

Sounds like a hoarhound. Granny used ta gimme those when the chocolate stars ran out. Whhooowhaaach .
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was in Nyhaven years ago at a bar along the docks... the bar owner mixed up some sort of licorice powder with a fifth of aquavit... it was very sweet but no overpoweringly so and you drank it neat... does anyone know what this was? I asked at the time but was too drunk to remember...
Brett
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I fear the candy "Double Zout". It it very salty and tastes like ammonia. Why anyone would want a "double salt" candy is beyond me.

For some reason my fiance bough a bag once and tried to make me eat it all because she didn't like it.

Anyone ever been to the Bad Candy webpage (www.bad-candy.com)?
Marccampbell
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love Danish licorice. Addictive.
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A co-worker just returned from a conference in Denmark, and brought me a bag of "Super Mix", which are assorted candies. Very...odd candies. A lot of them are licorice-flavored, but with other notes you don't see in the US. My favorite so far are the black gummi-bears, which are SALTY, and slightly peppery.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page