Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Jobs?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Jobs? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 13, 2002Chevalier25 6-13-02  6:11 pm
Archive through June 18, 2002Etienne25 6-18-02  4:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BJ -

Did your throat give you trouble, gums swell, chest get tight . . .

Me too, with apples and most any fruit from the Rosaceae family (cherries, pears, etc.), and carrots and celery and mustard. Fun, fun, fun.

But, with the exception of the mustard, I can have any of them if cooked!
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mine was for the EPA, basically entering all the data from 2 decades of contradictory (and poorly filled-out) forms detailing the failure to cleanup various toxic sites.

The only thing they seemed to care about was speed and keeping the two types of forms seperated. This was the same summer that Offspring song was all over the radio, so I'd sit there for 8 hours with "You gotta keep 'em sperated" going through my head over and over and over, but the pile of forms never seemed to get any smaller.

One day at lunch, I started having an allergicc reaction to my Granny Smith apple, and it was just more than I could bear. I spent the rest of the summer hanging out watching my speed-freak friends play Magic cards...
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A predator for a Chihuahua, that could be almost anything. A Palmeto bug, for instance.
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I kind of liked the flow of it though...
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, wrong thread.
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Even sadder when you've seen one starved! Not like they lack predators though.
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Harry;

You kick one of the rat dogs!!? Has your wife ever see you?

Poor little thing, you could hardly make a decent meal out of one....
Admin
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

eeeee! had one, and did the same thing with it.

I had the job of entering the light bulb wattage & bulb type of every light bulb used in the oakland school district into PG&E's crack ass custom software circa 1989. I used to go to the bathrooms alot to keep me from nodding off at my desk.

and then, I just walked away ...
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I'm currently working at a mind-numbing data entry job

I had one of those once. It drove e so insane that I went to lunch one day and just never came back. It didn't help that my reward for being more competent than the other drones was to get to check all their work for mistakes, with no extra pay...
Thegreenimp
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

At least you don't have a fully grown Boxer, that runs away when confronted by a Chihuahua.
The shame of it all.
Jay
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Stephen,

Since my wife has a Chihuahua, I can vouch for the fact that they're more fun than a soccer ball - to kick.

H
Rimbaud
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone in NYC hiring? I'm currently working at a mind-numbing data entry job, and I don't know how much more I can take....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Etienne
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pikkle playing soccer with a pack of wild Chihauhuas... what a picture!

Hmmm, which would be more fun to kick, a soccer ball or a Chihauhua? Gotta think on that one.
Tristan
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's a great day here at Absinthe Stadium. Pikkle has taken the ball and is running downfield, he's snapping left past the goal and....

.... yes ladies and gentlemen, it's a bear. A grizzly bear has just lunged out from the opposing teams line and bitten Pikkle in the neck. There's a bit of blood.... and the feeble kick is no good!"

Hmmm...
Pikkle
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd play soccer with them... and laugh heartily!
Tristan
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used to camp in Montana, up by glacier park. When we did so, there was always at least one firearm in the group, for bears, and other aggresive sorts.

Etienne- You are correct, I had forgotten that some people do hunt with handguns... so much so, that special rounds are made for bird hunting with handguns and the like. Thank you for reminding me.

And I personally would find a pack of wild Chihauhuas a little creepy. I know I would cross the street to avoid them. **shudder**
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and not in the mountains in AZ, where people use guns to scare the grizzlies away from their cabins, and at least two or three people are mauled to death annually.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I take it you don't camp north of Alabama then mr. Wormwood?
Wormwood
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm as pro gun as you can get but that last argument is a total load of crap.

If you carry a gun when you camp and hike you will most likly have to use it against the predator at the top of the food chain, if you ever have to use it at all. I don't carry a weapon when I camp and hike, but I usually go where I feel I will not encounter other people (of any kind).

People kill more campers and hikers than any wild animals in the woods. Sure the cougars and grizzly bears may kill a few humans every couple of years. People are by far the most dangerous animals in the forest, don't kid yourself. Look at the statistics.

P.S. My home defence weapon is a 3" magnum 12 gauge shotgun with 000 buckshot in it.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and intelligent people HIKE and CAMP with handguns.

There are lots of wild furry thingies out there that wouldn't mind MAULING you if you stroll into their territory. It's usually only be necessary to fire a shot into the ground to scare them off, but it may be necessary to shoot them before they maul you.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

well trained, law abiding citizens walking around with guns is about as scary about as a pack of wild chihuahuas...
Etienne
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree. But I still think you'll find more people with a handgun for home defense.

The local newspaper just ran an article about the success of the new concealed carry law here. No problems, no "incidents". They sounded dissapointed that they didn't have a tragedy or two to scream about.
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

a 12 gauge is actually the preferred home defence weapon, especially since most people can't shoot straight in the light let alone the dark.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Clever point, Pataphysician.
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Guns Don't Kill People:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3822/guns_are_only_deadly.html

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page