Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 13, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Jobs? » Archive through June 13, 2002 « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Italy's only a plane ticket away.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What channel?

Nah, I prefer my men within arm's reach.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Millions of women worldwide (and perhaps Traineraz too) are watching each and every one of the ITALIAN team's World Cup matches. Hint: It's not because of the team's playing abilities ...
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey brett, my family roots go back to scotland too... i hope to travel there sometime soon to do more research on my family, i've done about all i can do from this side of the pond... italy would be a nice place to live ... plenty of wine, access to absinthe, beautiful women (did i mention the weakness for italian women i have?)...
traineraz- if i make a trek out to california i'll make sure to stop by and we'll pour a few... i'll have to see marc to at his new place too...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Come to Tucson.

Bring bottles.

FULL bottles.
Brett
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BTW, it usually only gets down to 26-28 F in the winter in Vancouver, very rarely will it get below that.
Brett
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hehe...unfortunately for me the homeland is Scotland, and they have worse weather than Vancouver. Instead of rain and wind for nine months I'll get it for eleven months. Now, the mediterannean coast would be a nice place, I'm sure.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i've began looking recently for my dead of winter get-a-way spot, i get time off in january and i've looked at going back down to new orleans or out to california and check out some wineries... both places where the seasons don't really change... i just don't know what i'll do without snow or ice storms for a week or more...
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll probably visit San Francisco next year, I'm affraid I'll fall in love with the place... Paris would be nice too but still cold.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

..umm... your freezing to death in the winter...? i think it gets cold down here in viginia, i can only imagine how cold it gets up there.
brett- i didn't realize there was that much of a difference in our currencies... your almost better off moving back to the homeland (europe), at least the euro is fairly close to USD... and you'd be close to all those fine people who supply us with the green liquid...
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 5:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

...what are we doing up there ? ...
Brett
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

12.27 Canadian is about 8.00 American; likeswise 11.00 American is about 16.90, which is around the maximum per hour I can earn at my current job.

But hey, please do keep the fairy juice flowing. My $120 U.S. order from Markus is about $200 Canadian!
2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

i'm sorry brett what does that equal in us $ about $6/hr, hardly min. wage here, i'll have to send some fairy juice your way to help you through...
Brett
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'd love to make $11/hr in US cash. As is I make $12.27/hr Canadian. How's that for broke?
String
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowly,
I sent you an email. Sorry, I thought my address was in my profile. Its there now.
I think there are at least 4 or 5 of us here in the area. I brought up the idea of a gathering a couple years ago but nobody answered. BTW, Sams down by Goose Island now has Herbsaint.
Perhaps we should put out the call for a Chicago gathering when Jade is released.
Destiny
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That would be funny if String decided not to hire you because of concerns about your absinthe drinking.

Well, it wouldn't be funny, but you know what I mean...
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The job market really hasn't opened back up like its been reported by some news agencies.

BTW String, whats your email? It's not in your profile...mine is cycloheanone@hotmail.com
I would like some details. Finally found a forumite from near my area!
Crowlyman
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone for the support. String, I don't think I'll find out until Friday.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hummm at 11$/h I wonder how will he be able to buy absinthe... but sometimes it's better than nothing (and I know it's difficult for small business).

Funny just when I was reading this thread a coworker came and told me they just fired him... Jobs are still falling like flies around here in the hightech industry.

Good luck Crowly.

Wolf, crossing fingers.
String
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowly,
I own a small business near Oakton and McCormick. I am hiring now, but i'm sorry to say that I start at $11/hr. Email me if you are interested in details.
Good luck friend.
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's a very small company. They don't spend unless they must.
And I really do hope it's just to light my fire for my job. Then again, I work with chemicals, maybe being fired is better!
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It sucks, let me tell ya!

I forgot to mention that these types of machines are the ones that make caplets. You know, aspirin and shit.

I want to go back to school, maybe this is my chance if I get fired.
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Crowlyman - I don't get it. Did you get fired or are the 2 new people your boss's attempt to light a fire under your ass?
Marccampbell
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

crowly,

Oh man, what a drag. Good luck.
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone here from Chicago-land and hiring? You see, I called off yesterday because I had been celebrating my wifes recent pregnancy. Monday rolls around and I thought that just MAYBE I had celebrated a bit too much! So, I called off. Today I get there and 2 new people are working and the boss complains that we vets arent holding our own...this is something completely untrue.

I run 3 tablet presses. 2 Stokes BB-2's and a slow ass Stokes RD-3. Anyone know of any jobs in this arena? I have looked on the net and it basically scratches its head and asks me if I know what I'm talking about!!

I make $20/hr and can drop a couple of bucks to start out...I hate to come here and beg for work, but like I said, the wife is preggers. (actually I'll do anything really for full time 15/hr)

I can't beleive my boss is acting like this. I guess I'm just not allowed to take a fucking day
off.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page