Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe hits small town Canada!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Absinthe hits small town Canada! « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had to do it at least once....for educational purpose of course...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

(All together now)

So don't go out tonight
He's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For me, when I talk about it it's more like :

Clueless #10 :"gimme gimme gimme gimme!"

Me: "Too late, it's all gone in the first hour of the party" (and to myself: incredible, this bottle was a bad batch ...).

Hahaha... "Badmoon #x"
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How's it goin, eh?
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Um, Brett?

That has nothing to do with the absinthe.
Brett
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, my fiance's co-workers forgot the ear-cutting part. They did seem to imply however that absinthe leads to insanity. So maybe they didn't really miss it, they just didn't say it.

I bet they all think I'm some sort of maniacal, mysoginist fiend who has strange visions and utters to himself in mad, cursing tones.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like they saw Moulin Rouge, with the flamified absinthification in Montmarte, of all places.
Joalco
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Brett ~

You forgot the Fifth Holy Truth:

If you drink it, you will cut your ear off.

Bunny ~

We already do.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blame Canada.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Look at the bright side: at least these co-workers have HEARD of absinthe.
Brett
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My fiance made the mistake of asking her co-workers where one could purchase fine glasses. Yesterday was our five year aniversary and she really wanted to get me a glass suitable for absinthe. When her co-workers asked if she meant wine glasses, she made the mistake of mentioning to them that it was for absinthe. She received several responses.

1. Although absinthe maybe a French "thing", the best stuff comes from Germany. I asked if my beloved's co-worker meant ordered from Germany, as that is where Markus is located, but nope -said co-worker meant distilled and bottled in Germany. I can't say if this is true, as I've never tried any German stuff, but I highly doubt it.

2. Absinthe makes you hallucinate, because it is just wormwood, and wormwood is a powerful drug, worse apparently than LSD. Wormwood steeped in vodka = absinthe; everclear + wormwood = absinthe; apparently any higher proof alcohol (read: rum, whisky, gin, etc.) and wormwood is absinthe.

3. Absinthe originated in Czechoslovakia, but everybody believes it was France because it was just more popular there.

4. Flaming sugar is an ancient absinthe tradition; even in France during the late 19th and early 20th century they did this, altohugh not as widespread as it is now.

Just goes to show how much misinformation is available not only on the internet but also through the BC government liquor control board. (The only liquor distributor in the country that actually sells Hill's).

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page