Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 14, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » THE WINGS GOT LORD STANLEY!!! » Archive through June 14, 2002 « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ah, art, what a curious little diversion... up there with pink paper clip collecting...
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm the shame of my country. I've been to a hockey game once and was bored to death. Baseball was the same but much longer.

At least there was peanuts and beer ... very expensive crappy beer.

Never again.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know a single person who has attended a live hockey game who wasn't on the edge of their seat from beginning to end of the game. I found hockey boring until I attended a game, and now it's my 2nd favorite sport (1st being soccer).
Television is a poor representation of hockey. The camera is too far away from the rink, and there are too many cuts. Go to a game, Anatomist (after you have the emergency room doctors remove the pieces of broken bottle from your bummy), and I bet you'll enjoy it (unless of course you have difficulty sitting down!)

-Bunny
Pikkle
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It takes a quick mind to be able to appreciate such a sport as ice hockey, you have to be able to focus on something for more than three seconds... the majority of people I've ever met have said the same of rugby, they didn't understand it... I said the same thing too until I played it then it all made sense but I never ridiculed it because who was I until I tried it? So the moral of the story is unless you try something like that, you probably won't understand it and if you don't understand it, you have no right to judge so please fuck yourself in the ass with a broken bottle... and most of you shall continute to labor under the assumption "baseball" is an actual sport too (which is the really dumb guy's version of fucking yourself in ass with a broken bottle, just really slow... )
Baz
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallistipuss-
I love that!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Got it!
Admin
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chev .... smoooocha!
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When played by Asian teams, table tennis and badminton give me the same problems.
Anatomist
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried watching hockey on TV a couple times, but I could hardly ever see the puck, as it takes up about 10 pixels on the screen and is usually traveling at about 100 miles per hour. It just seemed like everyone skated around in a frenzy most of the time, and every once in a while, everybody would throw their hands up and there was a little black spot inside the net. I bet they could choreograph a whole fake game in mime, with no puck, and half the TV audience wouldn't know the difference.

K.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just kidding, Kallistipuss.

Know what? You're a doll, kiddo!

my picture
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Drinking early, are we? ;-)
Admin
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

octopussy!

heeheehehee.

hi.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Octopi.
Cacti.
(I'm old-fashioned.)
Artemis
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT!

Very good, Master Baz. I will paste that on my mirror to remind myself not to be such an uppity grasshopper.

I don't see any difference between enjoying a game of hockey and any of the movies Marc loves, but what do I know? At least hockey is a real thing happening to real people. And real octopus.
Baz
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artemis, don't you know that your interests are totally irrelevant here? Your suggestions will be scoffed and ignored-YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT!
Artemis
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

> I was expressing my dumbfoundedness in relation
> to something I find ridiculously
> inconsequential

I feel the same away about 95% of the "absinthe" people talk about around here, but I hold my tongue. I didn't give a shit about hockey until several weeks ago; tried it and found I liked it. I would recommend it to you, but the season is over now.
Baz
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

THREAD HIJACKER
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc,

Had you been pulled out of your mommy
by your blades instead of your hair...

You'd might'a know'd what'd we're'd talkin' 'bout.(sorry, Michigan sinuses)
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 4:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I wasn't really asking for an explaination. I was expressing my dumbfoundedness in relation to something
I find ridiculously inconsequential
Artemis
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you watch the Detroit Redwings hockey team, you know exactly what all this is about.

1. The Redwings are the best team in professional hockey by far.

2. They won the championship last night against the Carolina Hurricanes, an overachieving team that had no business on the same ice with the Wings (Colorado was the second best team, but the Wings beat them in the semifinals).

3. Detroit fans like to whoop it up by throwing octopods out onto the ice (yeah it's stupid, and a waste of an intelligent sea creature, but the creatures are already dead, so)

4. Hockey players abuse each other pretty badly, so my octopus fantasy wasn't entirely far-fetched.
Marccampbell
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

WHAT THE FUCK?
Artemis
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I watched in the hope a Wing would snatch an Octopus off the ice at full speed, skate past a Carolinian likewise, and go upside his head with it on the fly, but unfortunately it didn't happen.
Pikkle
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is the only reason to exist in Detroit... just for a moment like this... the rest of the time, just go back to Poughkeepsie...
Crowlyman
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was watching myself. I only wanted to see Hasek get the cup. Im a Pens fan myself.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

YAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!
I'm off to go get my
RED WINGS
ON!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page