Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

BAY AREA Abisntheurs - Let's MEET UP!...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe & Collectibles Archive thru January 2003 » BAY AREA Abisntheurs - Let's MEET UP!!! « Previous Next »

Bjacques
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yikes! I haven't even *seen* a black widow since I was a little kid. The spiders over here are pretty harmless. Last year, for a week, there were about a dozen big (2-3") yellow and black spiders setting up house on a tram shelter near my work. Then they disappeared. It must have been the weather because they didn't show this year.
Baz
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

In my old house, I walked barefoot into the unused garage one evening and started refinishing some furniture. About 10 minutes later I realized that all the spider webs were from black widows. There were probably twenty or thirty in that one-car garage. I put shoes on after that
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, Quebec is not that bad after all...

But I did see a 3 inches long spider (including legs) two weeks ago when I was canoeing in the Mauricie National park. It was on a cliff by the lake. For sure a very rare specimen in our region. After over 20 years of actively looking for funny beasts under rocks, animal traces and so on, it's the first time I see such a spider. Unfortunately, I have no idea about it`s name...

Ho and another day I also spotted traces of the wolves we heard at night and of the deer they most probably hunted down (clear traces of the deer in a mud spot and typical hairy wolf shit about 300 feet away...I didn`t bother to search for the remains of the deer doo because my girlfriend don`t really like hiking out of the path ).
Zman7
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kalladmin,
Black widow in your house? Kill it. Leave the bug-depopulating to common garden spiders. Some place you ought to be? Yeah, go north princess.
Admin
Posted on Friday, July 19, 2002 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Last night I caught a black widow living under my cat's food tray ... she was trying to make whoopie with her future meal. and after I got rid of them I turned over the food tray and there were two more of her lover's corpses under there ...

I asked Bat, my Sybil, what it meant ... and she sez I'm "hungry" and impatient.

heeehehee. Isn't there someplace I oughta be???
Bjacques
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't kill the spiders! They keep the bug population down. But they may not be for everyone...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Perruche -

It might be worth your while to try the roach motels, or better yet, Silver Lake Roach Campgrounds . . . scouts check in, but they don't check out!
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, there is only so much to be done for cockroaches. The main weaknesss of this stuff, as a spray, is that it has little residual effect. If you don't hit the critters with it, it won't kill them.

The professional-grade stuff comes in a powder, tho, which should have much more residual action.

"I don't need to come...I'm on bug powder..."
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BJ, does it work on the cockroaches?

In the building where I live now, there are cockroaches on the ground floor. They haven't mad it up to my 3rd floor apartment yet, but I've found and eliminated two 'scouts' in the bathroom.
I'm afraid they may be planning an invasion.
Gastonbeauvais
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm down to meet...have a bottle of NS 55 that I've been waiting to crack open...

I'm in the East Bay.

--Gaston
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"And it smells like a goth exploded."

If this doesn't deserve to be crowned Quote of the Week, nothing does!
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Get some of this:

http://www.bioganic.com/products.shtml

It's based on a neurotoxin found in clove oil which targets a neurotransitter only found in invertebrates. It is almost totally nontoxic in mammals. And it smells like a goth exploded.

They also have a professional-strngth formula, which I think smells even better:

http://www.ecopco.com/products.htm
Denial
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

im down to meet up in sf someplace..
not sure where though..
i have a few bottles of "the better stuff" and i live in the mission.. are there many others here from sf?
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I hear the Nasty Sebor Strong will kill anything. Put it in a spray bottle!

Unless, of course, your spiders are hallucinations brought on by early absinthism . . . What's the number fof 9-1-1??
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kallisti, grab all the bottles of "z-grade" absinthe that you still have -- and a box of matches. Run, don't walk, to the bathtub. Pour the green stuff all over those arachnids. Light a match, drop it and RUN!

Absinthe solves all problems.
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

i have spiders. I can't even brush my teeth without my knees shaking.

absinthe what???
Scoobydoo
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sweet head.

So there is no one in the bay area...I know Kahlisti is here! She's ignoring it! haha.. wake up girl!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Scooby, Pikkle was on hiatus when you
got here, Pobre. He layed quite a bit
of the foundation that makes this
Forum the great monument that it is
today.

I smell your agenda. *WHIFF*
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only during a lightning storm!

I need my own Zip code now.
Scoobydoo
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yea yea pikkle..suck it good...I've been here longer than you know...

But seriously, I was wondering if there is anyone in the bay area that wants to meet up...

the reason I cant have shit sent to my place is everyone works full time and the mailman won't leave the stuff on the front door.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

do you feel safest of all?
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Who's laughing?...I love my car.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

During a Tucson monsoon

flash flood

scream

glub glub

bye bye
Baz
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You won't think it's so funny whe YOU-

are living in a car

down by the river
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

down by the river
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I live in a car...
Pikkle
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the epitome of coolness...
Scoobydoo
Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey everyone!

I am wondering if anyone is down for a little get together between some people who enjoy the fine tastes of life :)

I am wanting to make another order from SC or even this new FG or new stuff from absintheonline.com

Is anyone else thinking of ordering? I don't think it can be delivered to my new place so I would like to order with some others then I could pick it up later :)

Feel free to email me:

calscooby@yahoo.com

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page