Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Huguet

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Huguet « Previous Next »

_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.anothersite.de/Absinth/Komplette_Liste/komplette_liste.html
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nolamour,

I'm sure they'd like to give that impression.

Blackjack posted the URL of a German site that's sort of an index of German internet absinthe shops... I'll repost it if I can find it again.

I think two or three different sites sell the Fleur de Lis and the Teichenne' -- the L'auverte is strangely unavailable, only being sold by a distributor who won't ship to the US or indeed to many EU countries.

Frankly, they all look like they're nothing to get excited about.
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

YEA, what is it? ...and while we're at it, where do you get the Fleur de Lis? Perruche, you said this was Spanish? Sounds French...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn you and your 'confidential source'. Out with it! Out! We could sit here all night, you know. Is the light bright enough for you?

Seriously, I just searched many German sites. No Larsand. I did find three brands of absinthe I'd never heard of before:

Teichenne'
Fleur de Lis
L'auverte

Say the last one fast and see what it sounds like.
Personally, I don't drink water if it's green, but your tastes may differ.

The first two are Spanish, "from Tarragona"; the last is said to be made by the French company that made Cressonee... for whatever that's worth.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are you addicted to frog semen? Ask MD's monkey.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Huguet is french for 'the piss of a goat that died and was left to ferment in his rotting bladder, then bottled and colored green with frog semen.'

Seriously.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's hard to believe they call it a distillery.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larsand is definitely a superiour product to Huguet. It's hard to believe that they come from the same distillery.
Absinthesque2
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My source is confidential, but I think you can now get it from Germany.
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where do you get the Larsand?
Absinthesque2
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried Huguet out of curiosity because I rather like Larsand. Huguet is nowhere near as good. In fact it would probably fall into most people's "crap Absinthe" category. It's macerated with a very bitter finish, and I venture to say a lot of star anise. . .and yet, I enjoyed it. . .a bit of a guilty pleasure. . .absinthe slumming.

Mark

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page