Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Magic?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Magic? « Previous Next »

Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh shit, if you like magic then you gotta see this.

http://www.phdtop.com/magic/

From the website:
"Did you know that there's a small tube that runs from the uppermost point of the inside of the foreskin, through the body cavity, and out the intestine? It's true!
This can be demonstrated -- nothing up my sleeve! -- by tucking a small handkerchief up inside a foreskin, massaging gently, and then removing it from the rear. To demonstrate -- and prove that no sleight of hand is involved -- the magician AND his lovely assistant are 100% NAKED for the entire trick! "
Thegreenimp
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Back in the mid 70's, I was lucky enough to see Dai Vernon do close up magic, that late old timer was incredible.
Jay (I still miss the magic shop that was in Downtown Houston)
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blaines is unique in one respect: other magicians surprise or amuse people, he scares them.
Chrysippvs
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Can any of you out there levitate?"

Yes, I am currently teaching Vanessa Carlton this along with sundry other dark arts. The great olds ones are pleased with Mr. Blane as well.

- J
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like Penn and Teller, also.
One of my favorites was when Teller was blindfolded and Penn was moving cards around on a table. Teller had a knife and was going to spear the card that had been pre-selected. Penn didn't move his hand soon enough, Teller stabbed and came up with the knife through Penn's hand with the correct card stuck to it...
Awesome.
Sicboy13
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

He does turn around, he makes the small group of people gather in real close too. It is real weird though, because the camera is at a completly different angle than the people viewing the trick, it does show both of his feet off the ground at one point from straight on, quite freaky. It is on the "Street Magic" special that has been shown on TLC. Also it's on the "Fearless" DVD.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Does he turn his back and float about 3 or 4 inches off the ground or is it a levitation from a front view? ... because there is a really convincing, clever, levitation illusion by turning at a certain angle and raising yourself up on one foot while keeping the other straight out, it's hard to explain without showing but it works really really well ... I've freaked some people out with that little trick, very good way to make some cash on bar bets.
Sicboy13
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What about the "Levitation"? Is that just an illusion and if so, HOW???? I saw on a site that you can purchase instructional videos that claim to be able to teach one how to levitate as David Blaine does. Can any of you out there levitate?
Silent_Rich
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Penn and Teller are hands down the worlds greatest pair of magicians.
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I really liked his first two - "Street Magician" specials...was not too impressed by the thing where he was frozen in a box of ice for a week - and did not watch the one where he stood on a pole forever...
His close up magic is awesome - in fact, down right scary...
Two favorites were the card in the beer bottle - the usual setup but then the card that had been signed by the trickee ended up inside some guy's beer bottle.
And - the phrase that somebody wrote down on a card and then a Taxi cab came by in the background with the phrase spay painted on it...
Great Illusions
Sicboy13
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Have any of you fellow forumites seen any of David Blaines magic specials on tv? I was curious as to anyone elses's thoughts, as I just watched his "Fearless" DVD, and I am still blown away.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page