Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Tid-bits from the border

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Tid-bits from the border « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 18, 2002Pikkle25 6-18-02  6:43 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Ted and Ian.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Kubler has had the most effect "

Pickle, here's the answer to your quest : LSD.
Tabreaux
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I'm curious whether they're actually making a decent blanche or if this is just another not-quite-absinthe..."

This depends on what one refers to as a 'decent blanche'. FWIW, Versinthe is an 'assemblage', which means that it is made from a maceration (like modern pastis, etc.). Although the promo literature uses clever weasel-wording (e.g. 'cold distillation') to coerce the consumer into believing otherwise, it is not a traditionally distilled product like Swiss 'La Bleue'.

The label of Versinthe Blanche ('amer') indicates that the makers this product intend to boast a high thujone content (yawn), and a recent promo shows it sitting in a shot glass, on fire. One may more or less draw his own conclusions from this.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The Versinthe blanche is not like any La Bleue I have ever tasted, it has a star anise louche and tastes quite sweet (although I am assured it contains no added sugar and that the mentioned sugar on the back label is a printer's error). It is very much in the Versinthe style.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, thanks for the great info. Petermarc (or anyone else) - have you tried the Versinthe Blanche? I'm curious whether they're actually making a decent blanche or if this is just another not-quite-absinthe...
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>>cows get VERY pissed if they are not milked on-time...

I know I do.

Thanks for all the info pertermarc. I found it interesting that so many of the La Bleues you tried weren't very good.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page