Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Deva and Guy

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Archive Thru July 2002 » Deva and Guy « Previous Next »

Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Scotty,
I do absolutly agree with you! You have described the whole shit perfectly - I couldn't do better!

Markus
Scottagee
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now that both have been tasted here are some of my thoughts. They are very different but both are quite enjoyable. The anise flavor that the Deva has is a refreshing taste. I like it and can understand why so many people here consider it among the best of the spanish brands. At about a 1 to 3 ratio with water and no sugar it was very good. The Guy is much less in your face with anise. It has a more complex flavor to me. I don't have the knowledge to tell you which herbs I taste in it but it also is refreshing in a different way. Without sugar and about 1 to 4 was my preference on the mixture. I would not hesitate to buy either one again.

All alcohol has it's own effects. Some are unique and some affect each person different. I enjoy good gin but it awakens an agressive and sometimes angry side of my personality so I very rarely drink any. Southern whiskey, Wild Turkey Rare Breed in particular is my drink of choice. It makes me an extremely mellow and happy drunk. Makes me want to sit and listen to music all night usually at an increasing volume. Absinthe made me feel somewhat as though I was speeding. It made me very aware of my surroundings. The Deva did this more than the Guy. It's very sneaky actually. After 2 glasses everything was very much in focus but somewhere along the 4th glass the alcohol takes over and drives all that clearheadedness away. Sticking to 2 or 3 glasses will be my choice it seems.

Of course all this is strictly my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page