Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Dark Shadows

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Dark Shadows « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and MPI Home Video just released a third DVD set.
Bjacques
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What? 5 years? The show was a soap, on every weekday. That's 250 or so per year. Recently I saw the one with Jabez the demon baby. One of its victims was Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Every character in the show seemed to be mixed up in that caper. Even David. I think the demon turned out to be some sort of werewolf. Yawn.

Too bad H.P. Lovecraft didn't live to write for the show. Dan Curtis, who produced it, went on to do the Night Stalker series.
Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

1200 episodes? How long did the friggin show last?
Shayne
Posted on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would still like to watch from the Phoenix(davids mom) episodes first. pre Vicky Winters and Barnabas.
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For anyone who is interested, episodes 211-250 (starting at the appearance of Barnabas) of Dark Shadows are out on DVD and available to rent at GOOD video stores (not like Cockruster); I also found out today that the Sci-Fi Channel is broadcasting the entire series, two episodes at a time, from 10-1030 AM weekdays. They're on episode 312-313 today, of over 1200 episodes.

And me without digital cable :(

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page