Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through June 18, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Tid-bits from the border » Archive through June 18, 2002 « Previous Next »

Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

All I know is out of all the commercials I've tried (and it's been quite a few dammit!) the Kubler has had the most effect of all of them... still cannot compete with the la bleue's but to me, it's the next best thing...
Destiny
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That's Dr. Blackjack.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Just how much Kubler did this guy "analize"? I'd pay good money to see that.

Heh. One summer, I worked an awful, soul-destroying data entry job for the EPA. My job title was "Document Analyst", but on my pay stubs, it was abbreviated "Doc Anal". I always thought that would be a great name for a super villain.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blackjack Polanski.
_Blackjack
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Oh, Kubler does have secondary effects for sure, but so does consentual sex with 14 year old girls.

I like the way you think...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just how much Kubler did this guy "analize"? I'd pay good money to see that.
Ekmass
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Un emile 68 is indeed good absinthe, very easy to drink, smooth and flavorful. It has a light louche as Peter said and not so creamy/rich consistency as some la bleues (not as much anise). Of all the bleus we tasted, of which Kubler was the only "legal" one, it was utterly undrinkable in my opinion. I bought a glass and could not finish it. I have no idea what it retails for on the market, but whatever, don't waste your money when you can get better.
EM
Artemis
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>> Kubler not absinthe?

> it was not me who said that, but someone who is
> most likely THE most knowledgeable person in
> the val de travers,

Val de Travers? Why would *his* OPINION have any more weight than that of Kristy Staticburst?

Seriously, I feel like the Lone Ranger after the cavalry arrived. Thank you, Pierre.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 5:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"personally involved with `un emile 68"

If you publicly associate your name to it, then it's probably an excellent absinthe. I hope some of it will end up in New York so we could sample it.
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>Kubler not absinthe? I think more than a few persons on this here forum will agree it is... it has quite an effect, more so than Guy or anything else commercially manufactured that I've consumed...

it was not me who said that, but someone who is most likely THE most knowledgeable person in the val de travers, `knows people` who make la bleue, and certainly poured one of the best i have had...that comment was from his friend who was appointed to test kluber for the swiss government...
BTW, he also said that la bleues are like wine, that they are not made to duplicate the taste of old, but to evolve in their modern development...the idea, then, of a consistant la bleue, would therefore have to be regarded as trying to make a wine taste the same every year-not possible, except by industrial methods-
it is too bad that they are ususally not dated, since they could be collected and held and compared, much like wine connoisseurs do...well, then again, maybe it is a good thing they are not...
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

and silent rich has the taste of a dental patient... bad breath and dandruff...

Are you saying he's flaky?
Pikkle
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and silent rich has the taste of a dental patient... bad breath and dandruff...
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

silent rich,

your description of kubler is a line worthy of William Burroughs. Keep em coming.
Silent_Rich
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think Kubler has a taste of ... dentistry ... flouride and latex gloves ... with a creamier edge to it.
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, Kubler does have secondary effects for sure, but so does consentual sex with 14 year old girls. So 14 year old girls are absinthe!!!!
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, Pikkle, we know how fond you are of that flavor of burnt shoe-polishing Keebler elves. Er, Kubler elves. Remember, you told me about your BBQ last weekend?
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I don't know about Oxy... I do know that out of all the commercials, Kubler has kicked my ass the most... more so than NS and La Fee for sure... and I'm pretty keen on the taste... it beats everything else hands down in my opinion... but once again, it's my opinion, not yours!!!
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, Pikkle's right. The secondary effects are very noticeable with Kubler..but not as strong as NS 70 or La Fee. I'm a secondary effects wuss, though. The only commercial brand that hasn't affected me is Oxygenee, lending credence to the "Oxy is pastis" camp.
Pikkle
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Kubler not absinthe? I think more than a few persons on this here forum will agree it is... it has quite an effect, more so than Guy or anything else commercially manufactured that I've consumed...
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

...after all, what do i know?

Peter, you know more than just about anyone else, at least about absinthe!
Bunnylebowski
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc,
thanks for the info. I had thought Guy was distilled, but I may be wrong. Damn right Kubler isn't absinthe, that should put the argument to rest! (I still like to drink it though....)

TrainerAZ,
read the archives. Don describes multiple times how macerated and distilled absinthes are made. Ted has many informative posts as well.
Admin
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya Petey!

we miss you ...
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

pernod (pernod-ricard)68`absinthe` is legal in france because...taaadaaaa....IT IS NOT DISTILLED

What is it, then? Pernod pastis with A. absinthium leaves soaked in it? A few drops of oil of wormwood? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm wondering how they made it if not by distilling!)

You mention Ted's . . . I assume you've had both that and the e68, how do they compare?

. . . and I've seen photos of Ted, Marie-Claude has excellent vision.
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

for the record, i am personally involved with `un emile 68`...so take everything i say about it with a grain of salt or sugar...after all, what do i know?
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

since my computer is still screwed up (maybe up tomorrow) i`ll throw in some new info from the french/swiss area, quick and short...

kubler was allowed to be legal in switzerland,
because the guy who chemically analized it determined `it was not absinthe.`this is not a good version of a la bleue...

la bleue now sells for around 50-65 swiss francs `sur place`(thanks to, well, do i have to say?)...most (we tried 5) taste `like tails
i.e. the end of the still pot...

there is now a swiss book-``letters to an absinte drinker`by pierre-andre delachaux and his son (short,artsy) translated into german french and english...he serves GOOD la bleue...

pernod (pernod-ricard)68`absinthe` is legal in france because...taaadaaaa....IT IS NOT DISTILLED

un emile 68 remains the only french absinthe(most likely, the only commercial product) that is completely natural, DISTILLED, and at historic alcohol levels-the flavor IS different than the 45, because of that- and is ONLY available from liqueurs de france UK-ANYONE who says they have would have had to buy it from LDF(don`t ask at the distillery, or do, but it won`t make any difference-it is not legal in france, but that is not only why it is exclusive-)...it is very good without sugar and in my opinion, even better with a half a cube, so the ritual is on, without giving a sugar-overload...it freaks out the french because it doesn`t have a bright white louche like patis or la bleue, but like, well, traditional pontarlier absinthe...

the swiss and french didn`t know what hit them, when they tried ted`s absinthe...

benoit noel is hard at work with several books in the making with old discovered research and new stories...updated english version due soon, italian now on the market...

marie-claude delahaye thought ted was a `verrry haaandsome man`...not her exact quote...

cows get VERY pissed if they are not milked on-time...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page