Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What to do, what to do.....

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » What to do, what to do..... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 19, 2002Chevalier25 6-19-02  5:41 pm
Archive through June 22, 2002Tristan25 6-22-02  7:49 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Barsnake
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

found this site - thought it fit in with the exploration thread -
also might interest you, Marc

http://www.lasvegascitylife.com/display/inn_cover_story/cover.txt
Tristan
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm... wonder where I would end up if I tried to do that with a map of New York....

Totally unrelated, though funny story:

When moving me from Montana to here, my best friend and I would stop at fast food places on the way, and pull out a National Geographic star-chart, and go around asking directions.

"Excuse me, we're trying to get here (point to beta lyrae). Could you tell us where we are?"

Only one guy actually pointed to our system, and then gave directions.... he was pretty cool, for a stoned guy.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I saw your "unspeakable horror" floating
around off of I-94 this weekend...

Cthullu High

Looks like he's pretty well rested
and perky to me.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 3:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Approach a citizen- say you are in Germany. One of you holds the map while the other consults a phrasebook, and asks in halting Italian, which way to the Louvre?
Pataphysician
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well that's the beauty of the idea. How WOULD you do that? I guess you'd say "I want to see the Tower Bridge which seems to be in that part of town. I should take this major thoroughfair up ahead to this crooked sidestreet..." etc, etc. And anything that approximated the map in what you encountered would do. This would lead you on a totally random exploration of the urban landscape. It would be orienteering on a whole other level.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page